Wednesday, April 2, 2008

I don't think I LIKE that

Remember this baby hat pattern (at left) I shared several weeks ago, that I bought at Woolie Ewe in Plano? It was a sort of impulse buy, which I'm not ordinarily inclined to make. I sat down with it the other day and read through the patterns. They're all written for flat knitting. I don't like flat knitting.
Speaking of which, have you seen that Pediasure commercial on tv with the little girl in the cart who declares her dislike of everything her mom puts in the shopping cart? In actuality, I think it sends a poor message that kids should control what we buy them and what they eat, but that aside for a minute, I think that little girl is so cute!
I can tell it's going to be one of those scattered thoughts days for me. Proclaiming "I don't like flat knitting" reminded me of the Pediasure girl's "I don't like broccoli". See what I mean? Thoughts flitting from knitting to tv commercials.
I love knitting in the round, especially on double pointed needles. I know alot of knitters like the Magic Loop method for socks, as well as knitting socks on two circular needles. Though I would love to learn both methods just to try them, it wouldn't be because I dislike knitting on dpn's.
I have heard that it's relatively simple to convert flat knitting patterns to knit in the round patterns. Of course, anything is simple if you know how to do it, which I don't. I'll have to look around on the net and see if I can find out how to do it, but that will have to wait for another day.
My mom and her husband are coming to visit for a few days. My house in not company ready, and I haven't yet grocery shopped. They arrive today. Ever since I had the flu, my get-up-and-go seems to have got-up-and-went. I need a megadose boost of energy, and I need it now! Maybe I should drink a can of Pediasure. Tv says it's good for you (well, kids anyway) and we know tv doesn't lie.
Every Word of God is pure. He is a shield unto them that put their trust in Him.
~Proverbs 30:5 King James
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Psst, you little wee one got sent today. Sorry I was late in sending it. Sock Madness 2 took over my mind on Monday afternoon and I forgot to mail the little on before I cast-on.

Anonymous said...

Oh, and I do know English, but, apparently my Swedish keyboard doesn't!

The above post should read:

Psst, your little wee one got sent today. Sorry I was late in sending it. Sock Madness 2 took over my mind on Monday afternoon and I forgot to mail the little one before I cast-on.

Sharon said...

You girls are just having FUN!!!

LOL LOL

Tracy Batchelder said...

I think to change flat knitting to round, most of the time you just reverse the wrong side stitches: a knit becomes a purl, a purl becomes a knit. Though sometimes when I've done that I've come up with something completely different than what I was going for, so who knows?

Often it's just easier to knit the hat flat and seam. The sewing on a little hat like that is minimal and it's really good practice.