Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Red Letter Day at the Mailbox!

What's this? A package with a customs label on it? I have a hunch I know who the sender is. I recently participated in a swap at the homeschooling site I frequent. This was a particularly fun swap. We were to send a bookmark and a surprise to the person who's name we drew.
I love surprises!
Since most everyone had already received their packages, including the person who's name I drew, I was beginning to suspect my gift was traveling across the pond, hence a lengthier journey for it than most.

Sure enough, I was right. The bag of goodies is from Liz, my longtime online aquaintance from the Swap. Liz once called and left a message on my answering machine. She has the most delightful sing-song veddy British accent. She's bubbly and her voice made me think of sunshine. She's a sweetheart through and through, and I'm not just saying that because she sent me a package full of neat surprises!
Liz, if you're reading this, I can't wait to shower and try out the microfiber mitt & cloth! I've hidden away the colorful stick-it notes so Hubby doesn't use them all. I LOVE the scripture bookmark and pen!!! I'll carry it with me to take sermon notes on Sundays, and will think of you each time I pull it out of my purse.
The soft and squishy computer screen cleaning doll is just adorable. I've never seen those before. Trust me, he's going to earn his keep around here. Last, but not least, your poem disguised as a packing slip did indeed bring tears to my eyes (hence the inclusion of tissues) from laughter! Thanks, Liz, you are a doll!
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

That WAS a fun swap, wasn't it? Liz did a great job for you. :-)

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

I think it was the best swap we have done! What great stuff!! I didn't do enough for my Swappie sisters. Next time!

Marilyn@A Mixed Bouquet said...

What fun! Liz is a sweetheart!

Anonymous said...

Who doesn't love gifts in the mail? I've never seen one of the computer cleaning animals either-how neat!

Tracy Batchelder said...

Goodies in the mail--how fun!

MSM said...

Why don't I know about this swapping and how to get free, fun things via snail mail?

I'll tell you EVERYTHING you want to know about American Idol, if you tell me how to join a group of homeschool families that do this. . . .

You know it's a good deal : )

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

How fun!

cinnamongirl93 said...

You sure did score with your swap! How fun! Enjoy your goodies!

Amy said...

What a delight!

I've never participated in a swap but now I want to!

Shay said...

WAhhh!!! I had too much going on and missed this swap. I've been avoiding the forum as I was getting green with jealousy adn then you had to post here too!

That's it! No more missing swaps! I feel too left out. pout, pout...

;~) Liz did you right! And she is a sweetie, as are you!