Friday, April 4, 2008

Oddball Blanket #2

Oddball Blanket #2
This is the Oddball Blanket #2 for charity, right before I mailed it on to the next Knitting Help charity knitter, LadyB. I completed the very top portion in Wool-Ease. The colorway was Autumn. I really like the colors in the yarn, and will probably make some hats from it for next winter. Since I was so far behind schedule on getting it knitted due to my sick spell, I knit a simple garter stitch so I could get it done quicker.

close-up of section I knit
I still have a Knitting Help preemie blanket in my possession. I discovered it quite by accident last night. I received it at the same time (from a different knitter) as the big blanket, but it was right before I got sick with the flu. It got set aside and overlooked, then totally forgotten. Sheesh. :-( At least it won't take me long to do it since it's so small. I'll post a pic of it when it's ready to be mailed.
My mom and her husband are still here. This morning, she and I went to Tuesday Mornings and browsed a bit. I picked up the knitting book Big Needle Knitting while I was there for a mere $4.99! Cool, huh? They also had Knit Baby Head & Toes for the same price. I ordered it off half.com a few months ago. Makes me wish I'd waited, now. I love Tuesday Mornings!
Posted by Picasa
For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise. (eternal life)
~Heb. 10:36 King James

9 comments:

cinnamongirl93 said...

Wow, what colorful creations! Looks great ! Keep on knitting!!

Sharon said...

Enjoy your folks visit....kitting will be there when they go home....
Wish I knew what Tuesday Mornings is..have heard about the store, but never seen one.

I suppose I'll have to live vicariously through you guys online. :)

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

My mom introduced me to Tuesday Mornings. It immediately became a favorite store for me. :o)

I enjoy looking at your creations, Renna. :-)

Have fun with your Mom!

Tipper said...

I love the blanket! I like the ones that look like they could be from the past-made out of things they had on hand.

Tracy Batchelder said...

I'm really going to have to think about getting in on knitting these blankets. It looks like so much fun! Love the colors in the yarn you used.

Cora from Hidden Riches said...

LOVE the blanket! So cheerful with all the colors!!!! And thanks for visiting my blog today! Come back any time!

Cora

Amy said...

How beautiful!

Tuesday Mornings is dangerous for me :-) Way to much cool stuff.

Have fun with your mom and her hubby!

Jennifer said...

I love the oddball knits! They're so cool. It's really a great way to have everyone contribute.

 Cha said...

You make me wish I could knit. I tried years ago. I do crochet a little. :)