Saturday, April 19, 2008

Tragedies of April 19th

April 19, 1995-The Alfred P. Murrah federal building of Oklahoma City, OK, was bombed. 168 people, many of whom were children, lost their lives that day.

April 19, 1993-The Branch Davidian compound in Waco, Texas, was destroyed by fire following a 51 day siege by the FBI. 76 people died that day, again, many children among them.

April 19, 1985 -My young husband, my children's father, died suddenly and tragically that day. Our lives were changed forever.

The Lord is my Strength and my [impenetrable] Shield; my heart trusts in, relies on, and confidently leans on Him, and I am helped; therefore my heart greatly rejoices, and with my song will I praise Him.

~Psalm 28:7 Amplified Bible

5 comments:

Sharon said...

A sad list of memorials, Renna...and I agree with you, that the LORD IS OUR STRENGTH. Thank God.

Anonymous said...

Indeed a sad list of memorials...
oh Renna, I don't know what to say... Bit by bit I learn more about your life.

Tracy Batchelder said...

I can't even imagine how hard that must have been for you and your children. Without God to trust in however, it would have been all the more tragic. I like the part of the verse that says, "I am helped; therefore my heart greatly rejoices". God is good.

Marilyn@A Mixed Bouquet said...

Yes, many horrible events on that date. I can only imagine the pain you experienced, too. What promise we have in His word!

MSM said...

Oh! I'm so sorry about your achingly personal loss on April 19th.

So sad, but beautiful and inspiring to reconcile the tragedy you have clearly endured with the sweet, encouraging person you are.

Thanks, again, for the uplifting ways that you share pieces of your life.