Friday, February 8, 2008

Express Yourself!

Wasn't yesterday's Recipe Box Swap fun? I think Randi's idea was inspired, and inspiring! It was such a success that she's decided to host one the first Thursday of each month.

Get out your recipe box, and grab your camera. If you missed out participating in yesterday's swap, you can still view the list of participants on her post yesterday and go around gathering up scrumptious recipes, not to mention new blogging friends!

Have you ever been in a crowd of people and felt like throwing up your hands and shouting praises to God? I'm not talking about being in a worship service, that's easy; or then again, I guess for some of you that may not be easy. I tend to forget that not everyone attends the same type church I do where there is complete freedom to throw up your hands and sing or shout praises unto God.

I have felt like the young man in this video, being amidst a crowd while having my own private talk with God. Sometimes the praise I feel for him in my heart will bubble up to the point that I just want to shout it, or at the very least raise my arms in praise and adoration of Him. I've never done it. Oh yes, as I said, I've done it in church. I've done it outside of church in worship groups. I do it often in my home or in my car, but I've never done it in the way he does in this video. I might get hauled off to the funny farm.....and I might not. Should I care?

I will greatly praise the LORD with my mouth; Yes, I will praise Him among the multitude. Psalm 109:30



Oh, Praise Him! (All This for a King) by the David Crowder Band.

6 comments:

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

Oh, Renna...I am in tears...Oh, PRAISE HIM!!

Renna said...

He inhabits our praises! :-)

Marilyn@A Mixed Bouquet said...

What an amazing video! The song is "Oh, Praise Him! (All This for a King.) by The David Crowder Band (Illuminate CD).

As I sit home alone right now, I have that CD nearly blaring from my computer. In fact, I was going to search God Tube for another of his songs.

We went to an outdoor Mercy Me concert a few years ago and DCB opened for them. It's one of the few Christian Rock groups that I enjoy.

What a "coincidence"!

Renna said...

Thank you, Marilyn, for identifying the song and group for me. I added it to my post below the video. :-)

That was a Godincident! :-)

Sharon said...

Sweet to worship to.
Yes, total abandon! Would be to God that we'd be sensitive to Him for ANYTHING He'd stir our hearts too.

Thanks for sharing this Renna.
WE WILL PRAISE HIM!!!!

Amy said...

Amazing! Thank you for sharing it!!