Thursday, February 28, 2008

Easter Fun Knits

I thought I'd share a few free knit patterns I've come across of fun things to knit for Easter time. They all appear to be simple and quick knits.

Zakka Life has posted a darling Bunny Egg Cozy pattern. Grab your size 3 needles, some pastel cotton yarn and head on over there! While you're at it, take a look around. She is one crafty gal!

I also ran across this
Chick Egg Cozy pattern that's adorable.

These Easter Peeps are just about the cutest thing I've seen.

Do the kids keep eating up your Cadbury Eggs? Hide your's under these adorable Easter Chick Cadbury Egg Covers .

Don't want the mess of dyed eggs? Or maybe the thought of discovering hidden easter eggs in the back of your kids' closet in July is a scary thought. Try these handknit Easter eggs, instead.

Last, but not least, is an adorable
knitted bunny pattern. You do have to register with HeartStrings FiberArts while you're there, but it's free. She has some great purchasable patterns, too, by the way.

I knit one of Zakka's bunny cozy's today, but I still need to embroider the face. I did embroider it a face, but it looked so wonky that I picked it out. I'll redo it when I have natural daylight so I can better see what I'm doing (and yes, an
OTT-LITE is on my wishlist!).

My faceless Bunny Egg Cozy


Though I find joy in bunnies and colored eggs, I do not confuse those man made traditions with the real meaning behind Resurrection Sunday, or what the world commonly refers to as Easter Sunday. It marks the time when Jesus died on the cross, and rose again from the dead. He made the greatest sacrifice known to man, an ultimate act of love, in laying down His very life in exchange for the sins of mankind. That is a truth to think upon every day. Hallelujah!

2 comments:

Tracy Batchelder said...

Cute patterns. Thanks for the links.

I don't know how I would manage without my Ott-Lite.

Anonymous said...

This is a nice list of links. I wish I was more talented with needles!