Saturday, February 2, 2008

Getting Healthy Inside & Out

Posted by Picasa
Today's lunch. I've been hearing that the more colorful a food is, the better it is for you. This lunch was Hubby's idea. I'm so blessed to have a health-conscious husband, though his computer skills are sorely lacking. He's heard me speak of a 'blog', though I know he doesn't really know what it is. He walked in for a quick kiss (swoon) and saw this picture, which prompted a series of questions.
What are you doing?
Working on my blog.
What's that picture.
My lunch, remember?
Why did you take a picture of it?
To post on my blog.
Why would anyone care what you ate for lunch?
You're right, Honey, they wouldn't.
I need to lose weight. I've lost alot of weight in the course of my life. Unfortunately, I found it all. I've decided to start substituting one meal a day with rabbit food. Tasty rabbit food, but rabbit food, nonetheless. I won't lose fast, but hopefully it will make a difference over time. This won't be a sacrifice for me because I love this kind of food. What will change is that I'll be eating only this kind of food for one meal a day, instead of this kind of food along with my regular meals.
I used to walk regularly, then at some point, I stopped. I'm not sure when or why, but I've begun again. I walk Leyna who needs stimulation and the chance to burn off some of her high energy, so it benefits us both.
Spiritually, I'm getting healthier, too. I'm talking to God more. It's not a new thing, but I'm becoming more conscious of including Him in all the moments of my day, in every decision that I make.
In thee, Oh Lord, do I put my trust: let me never be put to confusion.
~Psalm 71:1 King James
I'm making a point of not beginning my day without talking to Him. I'm trying to listen better to Him, too.
Be still, and know that I am God...
~Psalm46:10a King James
Do you know that God longs to fellowship with us? If you've had a healthy relationship with your natural father, then you know what it was like as a kid to crawl up on his lap and just love on him. You loved it, and so did he. That's how God is. He wants us to nestle against Him and just love on Him. Sure, He's there for our requests and even our occasional gripes. He'll listen patiently just as a good earthly dad would do, but He longs for that time of our just loving Him. He's a God of love.
For God so greatly loved and dearly prized the world that He [even] gave up His only begotten (unique) Son, so that whoever believes in (trusts in, clings to, relies on) Him shall not perish (come to destruction, be lost) but have eternal (everlasting) life.
~John 3:16 Amplified Bible
I feel sadness for those who don't have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. These are trying times in which we live, fearful times, in the natural. I'm so thankful for the peace I have in knowing my Heavenly Daddy and how great His love is for me.
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
~II Timothy 1:7 King James
Our bodies require food to live. If the food is healthy, our bodies will be healthier. Our spirit man also needs to be fed. There have been times in my life where my spirit man, if possible to be seen with the natural eye, would have appeared anorexic and gaunt. He's much healthier now, but just as my body would eventually die if I quit feeding it, so would my spirit man shrivel up if I quit feeding him. It's a daily choice to be made, just like the food I put on my plate.

7 comments:

Sharon said...

Ahhhh, Fiesta-ware!!! Fun!
Nice lunch. Mike is funny, he's just not knowledgable about "Blogdom".

I appreciate what you said about God needing fellowship. We can rattle off a prayer, make a "quick drive by" prayer (like going to McDonalds drive through) and be on our way....but it really is fellowship that God longs for and that we NEED.

My Daddy wasn't keen on knowing much about relationships, so God's has taught/been teaching me about a realtionship with a Father.

Thanks for the reminder, Renna.
Good lunch! :)

Toni said...

What a wonderful, thought provoking post, Renna. Oh, and can I come over for lunch? ;)
Blessings,
~Toni~

Renna said...

Sharon, you recognized my Fiesta Ware! ;-)
Thank you for your sweet words!

Toni, thank you so much! You can come over anytime. Of course if you guys had been able to move to Texas, the drive wouldn't be quite so far for you. ;-Þ

Marilyn@A Mixed Bouquet said...

Mike doesn't know blogs, but Mike knows Renna's hair! That's the second time today that I've bragged on Mike cutting or coloring Renna's hair. :P

Great post, Renna! Amen!

Jennifer said...

I care! Thanks for the motivation. Superbowl Sunday packed on the pounds. Ugh. I like the title of your post. I think that says it all. Here's to healthy eating.

Renna said...

Jennifer, in my pre-morning coffee state, I was unsure what you "cared" about until I went back and reread my post. I'll inform Hubby somebody cared! ;-Þ

Ugh, we didn't eat too healthy around here on Superbowl Sunday, either.

Anonymous said...

I love the color of you plate and all of the goodies! We have been eating healthier and I love it--even the kids love it. Best wishes on your desire to get healthier in a way that is God-honoring!