Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Wednesday Woofs!

I've been knitting my fingers to the bone to finish up projects on the needles. I haven't yet taken any pics so I'll play the cute puppy card and share some more pics of Leyna.
We've lost three dogs in the past couple of years, dogs we'd had since they were puppies, that we loved like they were our kids. I find it so sad that dogs have such shorter life spans than humans, but that doesn't keep me from continuing to have them, knowing I'm setting myself up for eventual heartbreak when they get too old to live any longer. I must have dogs. They complete our family.
We have one aging dog remaining, and I know her time is now very short. Hubby and I had agreed we'd not get anymore after BooBoo goes, but I broke that agreement when I saw and fell for Leyna last July. Hubby always wants me happy so he said okay. He held his affection at bay from her for a few weeks. I'm not sure why unless it was because he was still grieving over the last dog we lost, his beloved Chow, Yogi. Leyna managed to worm her way into his heart, though, and now he spends hours each week playing with her, laughing at her, and carrying her around like a princess. Who knew?
I'M listening.....

Cute or what? She wore herself out playing with this pillow in the floor, even acting somewhat ..ahem..unladylike with it. When she was too tired to play anymore, standing against the pillow, she plopped her little head on it and crashed.

Do you MIND?
This was taken one morning when Leyna and I were alone in the house. I noticed the house unusually quiet, and figured I'd better go see what she was into that she shouldn't be (she's just like having a 2 year old around!). I was beginning to panic that she might have slipped out of the house when I couldn't locate her. Finally, upon checking my son's room, I discovered her in the middle of his (unmade) bed.
People who aren't "dog people" will look at posts like this and think I'm one of those whacky people who seems to think her dogs are her kids, but that's okay. I know you dog people understand.
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love seeing dog pictures! These are really, really cute. I'd agree that it's better to have a dog around. :)

Sharon said...

My grandmother had a small dog for many years, and when he died she was not up for another pet. Said it hurt too much, when it passed.

They do make nice companions, we don't have indoor pets, but I do enjoy watching and hearing about others that do.

Yours is really a cutie, Renna. Did Nikki want to take her home with her still? :)

Anonymous said...

She is a very cute dog. And I'm not even a dog person. ;)

Tracy Batchelder said...

That last picture is a hoot!

Marilyn@A Mixed Bouquet said...

I enjoy reading about her and I'm not an animal person. :D Although I once experienced this with my poodle named, Mandy.

Renna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Toni said...

Oh man, is she cute. That middle photo of her resting little head? Precious!
Blessings,
~Toni~

Renna said...

Thanks, all. :-)

Hubby and I were gone all day, and it was so nice to have someone jumping up and down with excitement at our return. It's been quite a few years since we had little ones (two legged kids) to do that, and I'll take it where I can get it!

Berlinswhimsy said...

I totally understand! She would worm her way into my heart, too.

I don't think I'm a "dog person" or a "cat person" as I love both of them in different ways. Maybe I'm weird that way.

I cannot imagine life without pets, though.

Renna said...

They do seem to fill in the gaps of a family, being to each member what that one needs them to be. :-)