Tuesday, January 1, 2008

2008-A year of new beginnings!

I don't usually do new year's resolutions. It's not that I'm against them, but keeping commitments has always been a weak area for me. I figured, why begin a new year setting myself up for failure?













Now that I'm a half century (plus some) old, I'm beginning to mature in some areas. Yes, it's high time. If I don't start making some changes, years from now, I'll be plowing along no differently than I am now, with nothing new to show for the years spent. Most importantly, I feel God's Spirit leading me to press into Him and to submit more of me to Him. Of course, He wants me to submit all of me. Why is it so hard to let loose of that last bit of control? I mean, after all, He's my very Creator, and yet I struggle with giving Him charge of 100% of my life. Do I really think I can do a better job of running things?

I resolve to.....

Spend more time studying God's Word (the bible).
Spend more time in prayer to develop a greater intimacy with my Savior, Jesus Christ.
Make myself more available to minister to those in need.
Stick with my knitting projects until they're complete, dig out the recipe books and become a better cook, clean through the mountain of clutter which has become our garage (can't blame hubby-I'm the slob), and try and be a better wife.

Sheesh! Now I remember another reason I don't like new year's resolutions. They sound like work!

I think I'll start with a nap. Happy new year to you and your's.

1 comments:

Marilyn@A Mixed Bouquet said...

Welcome to the blogging world! I know you'll enjoy it.

I enjoyed your first post. Hey, I'm the first to comment!

God bless,
Marilyn