Friday, January 4, 2008

Scatter Some Seed



Brrr.....it's cold outside. I always feel sorry for the birds in winter. Isn't it amazing how God miraculously designed them to survive the elements, as well as provided for their needs?

Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they? Matthew 6:26

I know He loves me, and you, and all mankind more than He loves the little birds. Jesus gave His very life for you and me. I have no need to wring my hands and worry what the future holds. My heavenly Father sees ahead for me, and He's made provision for all I need.

Tell your Father what you need. Thank Him for meeting your need. Look expectantly, in faith, for Him to do so. Don't dwell on your problems. Fix your eyes on God and trust Him, truly trust Him to meet your needs. Remember, fear and faith cannot co-abide. If you're in fear, you're not in faith.

Be blessed, stay warm, and throw out some breadcrumbs for your feathered friends!

1 comments:

Marilyn@A Mixed Bouquet said...

Amen! That is good! We always want to get into the mix ourselves when it's so much easier to trust and believe.