Sunday, March 2, 2008

Woe is me

I started feeling bad last night, and have been sick all day with the icky crud. I think I'll blame Michelle from my knitting group. She was hacking and sputtering Thursday night. I made the cross sign and kept my distance from her; but in retrospect, I did pay cash for some yarn from her (she has a craft shop downtown), and she did hand me back my change. I'm guessing her sick cooties were on that money, and me without my Purell.

I feel like I'm drowning in drainage, and the coughing is like fire in the wall of my chest. There's nowhere I don't ache, and I have a bad case of the chillls. I had planned to spend at least a few hours today knitting on the Second Oddball Charity blanket. That didn't happen.

My husband, God bless him, is a saint in many ways, but when I get sick he tends to avoid me like the plague. He'll do anything I ask him, but he keeps his distance.

I grew up with a mother who lavished me with TLC whenever I was sick. I, in turn, did the same with my kids. I don't think Hubby had that kind of attention as a child. In fact, I know he didn't. :-( His mother loved him, but having grown up without a mother herself, she didn't really know how to show affection. He has taught himself to be affectionate, but it isn't instinctive in him to pat a sick one's arm, or to stroke or caress their forehead. He thinks in terms of practicality, what 'thing' he can bring you, then hastily makes his exit from the room.

In other words, no real TLC going on here. In other, other words.........

I WANT MY MOMMY!

To his credit, he did come in the room a few minutes ago and layed hands on me and prayed for me, and the man does know how to pray. I know God hears our prayers, and I fully expect to feel better by tomorrow. Maybe then there will be knitting and pictures.

8 comments:

Amy said...

I am so sorry you are sick - praying you feel better soon. I wish I could deliver some chicken noodle soup (from my magic pot) to your house...

Laurie said...

oh dear one...... feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better, soon . . . prayer is good :)

Anonymous said...

I hope you'll be back to normal tomorrow. Maybe Leyna could sit by you to give you some TLC. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, Renna, I'm so sorry you don't feel well! I'd come and give you some TLC if I could! Of course, that would mean I'd have to bring along my kids, and all their noise would probably make you feel worse. So just know I'm thinking of you and praying for you to get better.
~Christine~

Sharon said...

Well Renna Gayle....I add agreement to how Mike prayed for you, because I know he really does pray according to the Word!

I also plead the Blood of Jesus over you and your home, in Jesus' Name.

Wish I could be there to give you some TLC!

Renna said...

Thank you all so much for the sweet comments and prayers. Amy, I've no doubt that homemade chicken soup from your "magic pot" would do the trick. For those interested in that "magic pot", go read Amy's blog post from a day or so ago. ;-)

You'd think Leyna would be willing to give me some TLC, but the little ingrate's no better than the rest of them, only coming near me when she can't fin anyone to take her outside to do her 'bizness'. ;-Þ

I have hurt from head to toe today, between the sore muscles from coughing, and general malaise of the flu (WHY didn't I get my flu shot???), but in the past hour or so, I can notice a bit of improvement, praise God! :-)

Marilyn@A Mixed Bouquet said...

I'm sorry you're sick! I hope you're a bit better by now. I wasn't on the net much during my visit, so I missed this.