Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Life Renewed

Posted by Picasa
After a week and a half of being sick with influenza, I am once again beginning to feel human. Next year, I will get my flu shot.
I am so far behind on laundry and housework, I don't even know where to start. Since we can barely squeeze the doors open on either side of our master bathroom, I'm thinking I'd better bring in a wheelbarrow to haul the dirty laundry from there to the laundry room. Now, if only I had a wheelbarrow.
There are things growing in our refrigerator. Back in our homeschooling days, I could've dubbed them "experiments". I have no such excuse now. I have to call it what it is...garbage. I guess I could give it a fancy French pronunciation and call it "gar baj"; but while a rose by any other name may smell as sweet, garbage with a fancy pronunciation still stinks.
I have two charity knitalong commitments which need to be met first and foremost, as my time of possession of said items has met the deadline. What a shame. All this housework to be done, and I have to sit and knit. Tsk, tsk.
Actually, I have a pretty good excuse to do nothing but knit today. We're leaving after lunch to drive to the DFW airport to pick up my son. He's been visiting his little sis in Minneapolis this past week. That's four solid hours of driving time (Hubby driving, me knitting). I should be able to knock out alot of my knitting.
I'm still coughing, but aside from that, I feel pretty good. It feels so good to feel good again, like my life has been renewed!
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
~Corinthians 5:17

4 comments:

Marilyn@A Mixed Bouquet said...

I'm glad that you're better! The flu going around area was a strain that the flu shot didn't cover. Many of the sick people I talk to had their shot, but it didn't help this time.

Reegan is still hacking from several bouts of Bronchitis and various versions of it. It takes a long time to get past the cough.

Take care of yourself and drive carefully!

Sharon said...

Renna, I thank God that you are WELL, and that regardless of flu shot or not next year, it will not find a home in you ever again. In Jesus' Name.

I know your son had a GREAT visit with Nikki. YES!!!

Tracy Batchelder said...

Okay, you're not as close to DFW as I thought. Enjoy your day of car knitting. Also, I hope you get stronger and feel better soon. It takes a long time to completely recover from the flu.

Anonymous said...

It is good to hear that you are feeling better! This year seems to have been an especially bad one for all of this illness, and I am glad it seems to be drawing to a close! Bring on the warm weather--and the allergies! ;)