Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Snow at last!

It was beginning to look as if winter had packed his bags and bid us adieu. We usually get at least one good snow, good being a relative term, and maybe one ice storm, before winter takes a bow to spring. I thought perhaps not this year. The maple tree in my front yard has budded out, there are daffodils blooming all over town, and my neighbor's Bradford Pear tree is half covered in fuzzy white blossoms. Then lo and behold, Mr. Winter had one last, good puff in him.
Oh, I realize many of you have plenty of winter yet to come, and my little snow may look like small potatoes to you; but here in our neck of the woods, where spring is ready to burst on the scene in all her brilliance, this is excitement in the making. It's the kind of big deal that makes a 50ish woman run outside in her pj's, at midnight, head uncovered, still suffering the effects of the flu, with camera in tow, to snap pictues of snow which might not still be there by mid-morning tomorrow. Such is winter here in northeast Texas.
I love me a good snow! :-)
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Sharon said...

FUN!!! Snow followed us all the way home yesterday from my brothers. It gave us about as much as I see in your yard now. Then with all the warm weather this today it's gone.

ENJOY, Darlin'!!! :)

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

It's beautiful, Renna! :o)

Amy said...

It IS beautiful! I'm longing for daffodils...

Tracy Batchelder said...

Wow, I was surprised to see snow in your area! When we left Edmond, Oklahoma yesterday morning, it was beginning to snow, but we soon drove out of it.

Renna said...

I only wish it had occurred during daylight hours so we could've enjoyed watching it come down. Still, we did get snow! :-)

shortybeth said...

Don't feel too bad about your neighbors fuzzy blossoms on the Bradford pear tree. Pretty to look at but they are the stinkiest flowers I think I have ever smelled.