Wednesday, October 15, 2008

TaDa!

Quite some time ago, my good friend, Marilyn, at A Mixed Bouqet, offered to spruce up my blog for me. Several weeks went along, maybe months, while I was supposed to be thinking of what I wanted my blog to look like. I was reading blogs one day when I happened to land at Karla's Korner. I don't even remember how I ended up there, but I immediately e-mailed Marilyn and said, "I really like the look of this lady's blog". I thought I was just giving Marilyn an idea of what I like. The next thing I know, Marilyn's writing me back that Karla offers clip-art packages for sale, and she is going to buy one and redo my blog with it. I didn't want her paying for it, but she can be quite stubborn. It may be her only fault. ;-) Kidding, Marilyn, I'm kidding!

Since I'm the total opposite of a computer geek, meaning I know nussink, I couldn't help but wonder if Marilyn regretted her offer at any time. Everything she asked me was met with a "huh?" or "whaddyamean?". I can't overestimate the degree of my lack of computer know-how. It simply doesn't exist. Fortunately for me, I'm blessed with a friend who has enough of it for both of us. She often claims otherwise. Her only fault is modesty....well that and that stubborn thing.

There is more work to be done yet. I'll be adding back in the items in my sidebar. Hopefully I won't forget anyone or anything. Meanwhile, I'm pleased as punch with Karla's pictures and Marilyn's efforts.

Thank you, Marilyn!

PS-Karla's having a giveaway right now for a $50 gift shopping spree to her blogstore or her webstore. She's got some great stuff, and she's a truly sweet christian lady. Check it out!


*****************************************

That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.
~Corinthians 2:5


13 comments:

Claudia said...

Wow, it looks GREAT!!!!! Marilyn did a fabulous job!!!! Congrats on the new digs! I'm likin' it a lot!

*hugs*

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

Breathtaking!!! I LOVE it!!! It's perfect!

Great job, Marilyn!!

Anonymous said...

It looks great! Nice job.

elizabeth said...

Just lovely! It has such a beautiful, serene feel to it. Kudos to Marily!!! :)

Anonymous said...

This is so very cute---a perfect look for you! My hat's off to Marilyn!

Nancy said...

I like your blog's new look. It is nice to shake things up from time to time.

Carol said...

I love it Renna!! Very pleasing to the eye and made me smile as soon as the page popped up!

Marilyn - A Mixed Bouquet said...

Thanks, girls. Renna you are silly. My guys would laugh at them being my only faults. LOL!

What Renna didn't mention was that she actually designed the header. I just put it together for her.

She mentioned every aspect of the banner and should take the credit.

Since she's a minimalist (her words), she did take some fun away from me by choosing the basic white. LOL!

It fits you, Renna!

Karen said...

Renna, I love it! It's just lovely and so welcoming. Thanks for leading me to Karla's website -- lots of goodies over there:)

Schotzy said...

Renna! I love it! So sweet and unassuming, just like you! So fresh and sincere! You'll have to stop by mine- my daughter told me to get with it and redo- I had been looking the same way too long, so I tried to find something that would take me through the holidays! I'm not sure about it- wha'dya think?? be honest if you think it's too pretentious- or whatever!
Hugs! Carolyn

Anonymous said...

Everything looks fantastic!!

nikkicrumpet said...

I saw your comment on someone's blog...I think it was Jen's at Sanctuary art..who knows I get bloglost sometimes..anyway...I had to come see your blog because your icon pick of the yawning pooch caught my eye! I love your blog header..your friend is not only generous but she did such a great job!

Amy said...

I LOVE your new look!