Saturday, October 18, 2008

Pink Heaven


Is this not the most delightful thing you've seen today?


What about this?


Or this...

It just keeps getting better, doesn't it? Want to know what the best part is? They contain zero calories. As mouthwatering as these delectable creations are, they are not edible. These luscious faux pink Cupcakes, Cookies and Petit Fours were created by Miss Rhea at Miss Rhea's Sweet n Shabby Roses. Truthfully, I've never been what you'd call a 'pink' sort of girl. Yes, I like feminine things, but pink's just never done it for me... until now.

I first discovered Miss Rhea's a few weeks ago when I clicked on a link in a blogroll at Melony's Whimsy Daisy. I love Melony's style of decorating, so I figured there was a good chance I'd enjoy reading blogs which she enjoys reading. The creations at Miss Rhea's is eye candy at it's best. I took a peek at her profile, and, not only is she incredibly talented, but she's also a lovely christian lady with a passion for children's ministry. Plus, her husband ministers to inmates and aspires to enter seminary soon. What I'm saying is, these are good people, y'all!

I hope I've piqued your interest enough to click on the links and look over her blog. Just don't go hungry! ;-) While there, you'll discover Miss Rhea is celebrating her 100th post, and the opening of her Patisserie Shoppe by giving away an an assortment of her faux sweet pink Pastries, including the ones I've shown you. The drawing will be held on Saturday, October 25th. If you like pink, or know someone that does (Christmas is around the corner), then visit her blog and leave a comment on this post. Now, I think I'm going to have to visit the local bakery today. I suddenly have a hankering for something slathered in frosting!





Wait and hope for and expect the Lord; be brave and of good courage and let your heart be stout and enduring. Yes, wait for and hope for and expect the Lord.
~Psalms 27:14 Amplified Bible

19 comments:

cinnamongirl93 said...

I adore pink!
You are so right about the treats. My mouth is watering right now at this very moment. Thanks for that! I'm suppose to be thinking breakfast. Nope! I want dessert! Even if I can only eat it with my eyes!

Nancy said...

Don't go hungry? That warning should have been at the top of YOUR post! These creations are spectacular.

MSM said...

These are BEAUTIFUL! I wanna win some! I can think of plenty of people (including myself) that would like these precious creations.

Thanks for this post : )

Anonymous said...

Amazing-just true artistry!

Anonymous said...

Well, you're sending ME to her website. How original!

I love your new look, by the way. :-)

Tins and Treasures said...

I love frosting too!

Debra said...

Renna,
I read all your posts that I've missed this week. Those pillows on your porch are so cute!
But the sewing machine story caught my heart. I'm so glad you still have that.

I had a stuffed duck once, that I left by mistake at our friend's home. That home burnt to the ground, with my most beloved duck in it.
Of course, I've had other ducks to sleep with. Right now (yep!) I have a stuffed pelican.( I never grew up...)
Well, enough of this rambling. You just got my rememberer workin'!
Love, Debra

Anonymous said...

Those are way too yummy looking to not be edible! I've enjoyed your blog, Renna, and am headed over to some of your knitting posts.

Karen said...

These are so sweet! Can't wait to check out the links.

Brenda Pruitt said...

But boy, does it make me hungry! Beautiful!
Brenda

Shannon said...

Those are amazing! I bet the real thing couldn't taste as yummy as those look! Maybe I should bake some just to be sure ;)

Carol said...

Beautiful!!!!! I'm a pink girlie girl and adored these photos.

Theresa said...

WOW! I don't know where to start! It's obviously been TOO long since I've been over for a visit. Your blog is BEAUTIFUL! I love the new look. Where did you find a blogger 3 column template? I've really been wanting one!

These pink delectables are so beautiful too. I've never seen anything quite like it.

I'm enjoying catching up here, lots to see. :o)

Paula said...

Okay... my mouth is watering now....

Joansie said...

Your blogs are always so interesting. Love the "faux" pastries. Thanks for sharing the links!

Anonymous said...

Hi Renna, just had to stop by and check out your new updated decorated blog and it looks LOVELY and your posts are engaging! Thanks for using my art and I hope it always makes you smile! And the fake sweet treats made me smile... scrumptious! :-)

zakkalife said...

those are just beautiful, they would have made good decorations for the tea party I just had

headed over to check out the link

smariek said...

That's just torture to see these beautiful creations and not be able to eat them! They look so real! I'd want mine in purple though. :-)

Anonymous said...

This is the saddest post I've ever read. I wasn't able to read anything after "they aren't edible" because my eyes were filled with tears!