Sunday, July 6, 2008

Peaches'n'Cream

On this (cup of leftover homemade ice-cream)....



Do I want this?


Or this?


Or these? (have I got you ready to make a freezer run yet?)


Peach, you knew it was you all along, didn't you? Mmm...
For those who inquired about my mom's Coca Cola cake recipe, I'll get it from her and post it later this week.
For those who wanted to know if the "yellow meater" tasted like a red meat watermelon, yes and no. I thought it was a little different, and yet I'm not sure as I'd have noticed it had I been blindfolded for a taste test. Either way, it was sweet, and it was good!
We still have a little of the homemade ice-cream left. I do the same thing my dad always did, which is to scoop the leftover ice-cream into individual styrofoam coffee cups, then cover the tops with saran wrap. I stacked them side by side in a lasagna pan and put the pan in the freezer. Once they're frozen, you can remove the pan if you wish.
Forty-five seconds in the microwave at 30% power loosens the ice-cream from the cup ever so slightly, just enough so that you can scrape it out into a bowl. Or if you're concerned about nuking styrofoam, just set the cup on the counter for a few minutes, and you'll get the same effect (if you can wait that long). It tastes like it came straight from the ice-cream freezer!
Posted by Picasa
As for God, His way is perfect! The word of the Lord is tested and tried; He is a shield to all those who take refuge and put their trust in Him.
~Psalm 18:30

9 comments:

Farmhouse Blessings said...

I would have had everything one that ice cream ~ peaches, strawberries then a drizzle of chocolate sauce! Mmmmmm

Smiles,
Lea

CiNdEe's GaRdEn said...

Yummmm. I had peaches and cream for dessert tonight. Fresh off the tree. They were so good(-:

Anonymous said...

We made homemade ice cream over the weekend too, but ours was vanilla. I still have the items necessary to make another batch and I think we will go for raspberry this time since they are on sale this week! Peach flavor sounds wonderful too!

Nancy said...

Nothing, absolutely nothing, tastes better than homemade ice cream, especially from a hand-crank ice cream freezer! Maybe it is the sweat equity that makes it so good.

Tracy Batchelder said...

Next time add a banana and use all the topping for a banana split. Looks delicious!

smariek said...

I'd always choose fruit over a syrupy sauce. Can't go wrong with either strawberries or peaches.

cinnamongirl93 said...

Mmmm. I have never made homemade ice cream. Actually I don't think I have ever even tried it?! Boy have I missed out! It looks so good! I would go for the peach too!
I'm looking forward to the coca cola recipe. I have never heard of that before. It must be a Texas thing.

Anonymous said...

After that post-I'm starving for homemade peach icecream!

Paula said...

Oh dear.... I'm having a craving come over me... must.. get..to..freezer...