Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Not Lucky, Blessed!

My stepson's oldest, posing for me last fall. A real cutie, huh?
I hope when I post about my winnings, you don't think I'm bragging. I even hope you don't think of me as lucky, per se. I'm not. I spent much of my life thinking I was an unlucky person. I never won anything. Not anything. It wasn't just in not winning contests that I felt unlucky, either.
These days I seem to be having what gamblers might term as a "winning streak". I prefer to think of my winnings as blessings. I no longer even believe in luck, or it's opposite. I have won alot of blog contests this past year. I have been greatly blessed!

As believers, I think we stay in God's favor as we walk with Him, but what I've been experiencing lately feels different. I feel like I'm in a 'season of blessing'. I don't even know if such a thing is scriptural or not, but I just 'feel' it. I'm not saying Mr.Studley and I aren't facing tough economic challenges right now (we are), but blessings seem to be coming from so many different directions these days, not just in winning blog contests.

I don't expect to always be the one winning things. I'm enjoying it while it lasts. I even teased Mr.Studley that maybe this would be a good time for us to go to Vegas. I'm kidding....I think....yes, I am. I'm kidding.


Lately I've been feeling I need to offer a contest of my own. Start paying some of it forward, you know? I'm not a wealthy woman, so offering some high dollar prize simply isn't doable for me at this time. I'm milling it over, praying about it, to come up with something I could offer that would appeal to a varied group of readers.

Well, that's enough yacking for one post. This is sort of long (brief, I'm not), so I'll show you my most recent blessings in a separate post.



******************


Blessed (happy, fortunate, to be envied) is the nation whose God is the Lord, the people He has chosen as His heritage.


~Psalm 33:12 Amplified Bible

7 comments:

Farmhouse Blessings said...

How wonderful that you're just opening your arms to all the blessings that the Lord has for you! I am so very happy for you!

Smiles,
Lea

Paula said...

You're right- it's not luck, just wonderful blessings (in abundance!) coming your way!

Would you go to Vegas with me?
I AM KIDDING

MSM said...

I'd like to meet your little tree climber - because I loved doing that when I was younger. It is hard to find good "climbing" trees.

She is adorable and looks like she'd be a ton of fun to be with.

As for all your winnings, well, this may be your season, or. . .

I was drawn to your entry when you entered my first contest, and how happy I am about that!!
You won, but I am the one that feels blessed to have "found" you.
Maybe God is making winners of those of us that needed your 'fellowship', and you just get the goodies as a fringe benefit! : )

Nancy said...

Blessings are to be enjoyed and not questioned, so ENJOY!

I love Google Reader, too, because without it, I would go crazy trying to keep up with all the blogs that I like to read.

May you be blessed every day.

Marilyn - A Mixed Bouquet said...

She's a cutie and congrats on winning!

Carol said...

She's adorable!!!

Anonymous said...

You are just the best. You really are!