Thursday, July 10, 2008

No Knead, No Excuses Bread!

Do you like homemade bread, but you don't like to knead? Or maybe, like me, you have arthritis in your hands, and it's simply too painful for you to knead. You can use a bread machine, of course, but maybe you don't have one.

If you fit into the category above, but you still want to enjoy the taste of bakery style bread, check out the No Knead video (short commercial at the beginning), which I just read about on Windansea's Dropped A Stitch blog. I have no picture to show, as I've not tried this yet myself, though I am going to right away. Windansea does have a picture on her blog, and her bread looks delicious, like something from the window of a fancy schmancy bakery!

If you try it, I'd love to know how it works for you. :-)

________________________

A quick prayer request-My neice, Mandi, is engaged to a really neat young man by the name of Rich. Rich lost his eyesight a few years ago as a result of juvenile diabetes. His kidneys have also begun to fail.
TODAY, he is undergoing kidney transplant surgery!
Rich's very good friend is donating a kidney. Now, that is a true friend!
I don't know the particulars of the time of the operation, but if you feel inclined, please lift both Rich and his friend up before the Lord today. I'm sorry, I don't know the name of Rich's friend.
Also, Mandi was very fearful on Rich's behalf. Please pray for her to have peace as she commits Rich to God.
Thank you so very much!


*****


Jesus replied, I am the Bread of Life. He who comes to Me will never be hungry, and he who believes in and cleaves to and trusts in and relies on Me will never thirst any more (at any time).

~John 6:35 Amplified Bible

7 comments:

Free Art Printables said...

Oh,I'll say a prayer for sure!I hope everything goes okay!
Thanks for stopping by for a visit and I am going to try the soap/water thing. why not? :) Jen R

MSM said...

My prayers are with Mandi and Rich; sounds like they are blessed to have each other and such a good friend.

I would love some homemade bread - as much as I love to eat it, the aroma is so wonderful. Someone should invent "Baking Bread" perfume!

cinnamongirl93 said...

Praying for them right now! What a wonderful friend to share his kidney!

Tracy Batchelder said...

I checking this post late, so I've already read that the surgery is a success. Glad about that.

The bread sound delicious and easy. The hard part will be waiting the 12 hours for it to rise.

Anonymous said...

The bread sounds very interesting-I'll have to check it out.

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear that things went well. That bread sounds awesome!

Farmhouse Blessings said...

You know, I just love kneading my homemade bread. It's my favorite part of the process. It is like therapy! LOL

I'm praying for Rich, Renna.

Blessings,
Lea