Wednesday, February 4, 2009

TypePad Glitch Fixed!

Whatever the glitch was that prevented non-TypePad users from being able to leave comments on some of the TypePad blogs appears to have been fixed. I bow to you, TypePad Problems Solvers. I'd curtsy to you, but I'd fall on my fanny.
You know, I'd write more, but I've got nothing. Seriously, I've sat here for several minutes and my mind is a blank. A big, black cavern of nothingness. It could have something to do wtih the fact that it's 2:00 A.M. Putty Tat just crawled up onto the copier beside me, giving me that look, the one that says "turn off the light, woman, I'm trying to get some sleep!"
People just think cats don't talk. Cats talk. They just don't use an audible voice. Their 'looks' say plenty. Our cat has a wide vocabulary of looks. There's the look she gives when she's sitting in front of the waterbowl when it has speck of dirt floating in it, the one that says "you surely don't think I'm going to drink that sewage, do you?" And there's the look she has when she's waiting impatiently for Mr. Studley to sit in the recliner so she can pile up in his lap, the look that says "hurry it up, Buster, I'm not getting any younger here!" Oh, and the most 'colorful' look she has is the one she gives whenever Mr.Studley gives her a bath. That one says "..... on second thought, I better not tell you what that one says. This is a Profanity Free blog. ;-)
I better toddle off to bed before Putty gives me that bathtime look. I'd hate to have to wash her mouth out with soap. One of us might get hurt. What is your cat saying to you?
Posted by Picasa
Whoso offereth praise glorifieth me: and to him that ordereth his conversation aright will I shew the salvation of God.
~Psalm 50:23

15 comments:

Joansie said...

I love cats but don't currently have one. My two cats were named "Hope" and "Faith", both from the same litter. Both were as different as night and day. One, extremely affectionate, the other scared all the time.
Woman...what are you doing up at 2:00 a.m.?

elizabeth said...

*giggle* Love the picture!

Cats always remind me of the saying about dogs having family and cats having staff. Really the only time my cat acts like he likes us is when his crunchies need to be refilled.

Tracy Batchelder said...

My cat is less expressive. He only has the "feed me" and "pet me" look.

cinnamongirl93 said...

I don't have any cats. My dogs say all kinds of things to me. Little bear always says look how cute I am...Don't you just love me? I could go on and on with 4 dogs and 2 horses. I'm sure you get my drift.
P.S. I'm glad you went to sleep. 2am is awful late.

Nancy said...

Yes, cats and dogs can and do "talk" with their expressions and with different intonations of their sounds. At least I think they do.

Farmhouse Blessings said...

Love the photo! My cat does talk ... really.

Smiles,
Lea

Anonymous said...

Miss May tells me to get out of bed and attend to her needs by pulling books out of the bookshelf one by one. Sometimes I hate her.

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Oh, Renna. I'm so sad to tell you that loving "The Green, Green Grass of Home" puts you right over the curve of "oldness." So sorry! Ha.

My little Yorkie has a really expressive face. My husband says I attribute emotions to her all the time that she does not have. I disagree.

Carol said...

You sure said a lot for not having anything on your mind. LOL Good thing we have cats to color up our blogs huh? Hee.

Renna said...

"You sure said a lot for not having anything on your mind. LOL"

You noticed that, huh, Carol? ;-Þ

My Open Nest said...

Carol said it! You always have something to say.
I love your cat dialog, and if Miss Mittens Mohawk were still alive today she'd most likely be giving me that, "Don't mess with me" look. It was a permanent expression having lived in a house with three kids and two dogs who refused to leave her alone.

nikkicrumpet said...

LOL I've seen those "cat looks" before...generally on Ozzie's face lol. If I had it cat...it would be saying "why me?" for making it live with the two dogs...so I don't have one...because I'm not that cruel lol

Debra said...

Renna,
You are a nut.
I love your blog.

Our dog hates cats, and I'm pretty sure our dove, Norton, hates them too. So I have to love other people's cats for now.
I especially love the things cats say when they're purring and making their toenails go in and out, and they have that half-shut eye look. Wish I had a kitty.
Love, Debra

Anonymous said...

Cute post! I so agree-cats talk with their looks. A very good way to put it!

sharon said...

I want to come back and be a pet of Renna's & Mike's .
yes I would take Pepper in a heartbeat ,,..,,.. BUT I already have 4 cats & 3 dogs ,,,enought already!!!!