Monday, February 2, 2009

Tag, You're It!

It would seem I've been in hiding. I never planned on being gone so long. I needed time to get through the holidays, and all that entailed. The holidays came and went. I sort of enjoyed the break, not thinking about what to blog about, what pictures to post, whether I was boring my readers to tears, blah blah blah. I kept telling myself, "next week, I'll get back to blogging". The more time that went by, the less I wanted to return. I wasn't depressed or ill, and I apologize to anyone who may have been concerned about me, thinking that was the case. I was fine. I was lazy. I am lazy. It's number 99 in my 100 Things... list. I do seriously want to thank those of you who wrote notes of concern, though. They were greatly appreciated.
I can't believe I let my one year blogiversary come and go without a post or fanfare, but I did, and that's spilled milk. I'm ready to get back in the swing of things. I've been doing a lot of quick-project knitting lately; neckwarmers, fingerless mitts, hats and such. When we get a sunny day, I'll be able to take some pictures outdoors of the things I've not already given away.
We've not had a single snow storm here in our little corner of Texas this winter, and I'm not one bit happy about it. Every blog out there has pictures of umpteen feet of snow on their lawn, and it's just not fair, I tell you. We've had one measly peasly little ice storm that came late one night and was melted by morning...not that I want ice covered roads, I don't. I want snow! I know, I know, some of you are probably thinking "take mine, please!". Just one really good snow storm, Lord, that's all I ask....well, that's all I ask that's weather related. ;-)
I'll let my re-entry be brief, as I've already commenced whining. Remind me sometime to tell you about the winter we stored a dead cat in the freezer. Ciao, for now!
Posted by Picasa
But I will sing of Your mighty strength and power; yes, I will sing aloud of Your mercy and loving-kindness in the morning; for You have been to me a defense (a fortress and a high tower) and a refuge in the day of my distress.
~Psalm 59:16 Amplified Bible

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're back! Good to hear all is well with you...

You've been missed. It's always a pleasure to read your posts.

And yes, tell us about that dead cat in the freezer...

Happy one year blogiversary!

Tins and Treasures said...

Good Morning, Renna,
I've missed you and glad you are back. I am anxious to see your knitting and yes, I'd love to send you some of our spare snow.
Have a terrific Tuesday. Natalie

Schotzy said...

I have reslly missed you and am so glad you havent been ill or been having problems! It was great seeing your post this morning and look forward to many, many more! Blessings! Carolyn

Unknown said...

welcome back!

Joansie said...

Welcome back! I've missed you. Renna, I'm celebrating that there is no snow storm predicted for the next five days...lol. I do love it, however, when the driving is not bad. Looks clean and refreshing....and you can make "snow angels".

Nancy said...

Glad to see you back in blogland.

As much as I dislike snow, my area relies on the moisture it proves, so I agree that a good storm is past due.

Karen said...

Welcome back, Renna:)

I like winters that involve snow. It makes me love spring all the more;) I'm in an area in Colorado that doesn't get tons of it. But, we can always head up to the hills if we really need a 'fix.'

Now, about that cat. . .

Tracy Batchelder said...

Welcome back! It's not that I don't want you to have snow, but I'm praying for spring and warm weather. :)

Anonymous said...

I had a neighbor that once had a dead cat in her freezer. I do have to admit that she was little weird though! ;)

Glad you are back, friend!

Anonymous said...

Ah sure, everyone needs a break to refresh themselves for the blog posts ahead. Glad you enjoyed your hiatus!

Anonymous said...

It happens! But that's what RSS feeds are for - letting everyone know you are back from hiatus!

I will not be the one to remind you about the dead cat...

Beth said...

Happy blogiversary! And welcome back!

Amy said...

Welcome back Renna!

magnoliasntea said...

There you are! Missedja!
Sometimes we just needs us a break...don't feel bad..enjoy. :)

Hopin' for a big snow for you.

Carol said...

(((((((((RENNA))))))))))

You have been missed that's for sure.

I feel your no snow pain since I live not far. It would've been a little nice to have some white around the holidays. Well, we still have about a month left of winter. Fingers crossed. ;)

Paula said...

I'm glad you're back and that everything is okay... I've missed you!

Sharon said...

LOL LOL a dead cat in the freezer. You're too funny Renna Gayle!!!
xoxoxo

MSM said...

So happy you are back - Renna Gayle! (thanks for the insider info, Sharon) :)

cinnamongirl93 said...

Hey! It's great to see you badck again! I have missed your posts!