1) I pray. I usually try and pray before I get out of bed in the mornings. I heard Joyce Meyer suggest you should do this before your feet hit the floor in the morning, and it will have a big bearing on how your day goes. She's right of course. The Lord says to seek Him early. Even if I don't end up praying before I rise, I do pray throughout the day, little conversations with God.
2) I take Leyna (our Min Pin) out to do her bid'ness (southern speak for business). I actually do this a number of times each day. She is a little escape artist who cannot be let out in the (fenced in) backyard, so I always have to take her outside on a leash. Nothing says love like watching your dog take her daily constitution first thing in the morning, before you've even had your coffee.
3) I get on the computer. Usually it comes after my trip to the toilet (and Leyna's), and before my first cup of coffee. I just have to see what new thing has transpired since the day before. This is especially fun for me if I wrote a blog post the evening before, as it usually means I have mail (blog post e-mail notifications) and I LOVE getting mail. It makes me feel special, like I am somebody.
4) I drink a cup of coffee. Most mornings, I drink only one, but occasionally, I get a little wild and pour a second. I rarely drink more than half of that second cup, though. I'm just not that wild.
5) I read blogs.
6) I take a handful of pills; all over-the-counter vitamins, and herbal supplements. Some are huge. Horse pills, I call them. I used to take them all at one time-not all in one swallow, but one right after another in the space of a couple of minutes. It was hard getting them all down, and sometimes they'd come back up. Now I put them all out in a cup each morning, and each time I walk in the kitchen and think of it, I take one. By bedtime, the deed is done, except for the tiny little melatonin pill, which I take 30 minutes before bed each night. I love my little melatonin pill.
7) I knit. In all honesty, I do not knit every single day, but I do almost every day, so I'm counting it, nyeah!
8) I feed the cat about a kajillion times a day. We have to keep her gravity feeder (filled with dry food, she won't touch the wet stuff) up on the counter, or else Leyna would get in it and eat until the container was empty, or she exploded, whichever came first. The cat wants to eat all day long.
9) I walk the dog. Mr. Studley and I take turns walking a neighbor's dog, too, but he's mostly been doing it during cold weather. He's such a sweetheart.
10) I tell Mr. Studley I love him. Can I hear a collective "ahhhh"?
I found this meme at Karen's blog, Over the Backyard Fence. She invited her readers to do it, too. I hesitated, not sure I wanted to reveal just how mundane my life really is, but figured I've made known far more about myself, and some of you are still here.
Won't you play along? I know we all do more than ten things regularly per day, but play by the rules, and only list ten!