Thursday, May 22, 2008

That Ree Sure Can Cook!

Pioneer Woman's Fruit Bars
Frequently when I see a recipe I want to try, I will inevitably lack at least one or more of the key ingredients. When I run across one that is so simple I'm lacking nothing to make it, I make it!
Ree, Pioneer Woman, P-Dub, whatever you want to call her, shares some great recipes. I've made a number of them in the last year, always with great results. When I saw these last week, I knew I had to make them, and I had all the ingredients on hand. Yea! I was lacking one ingredient, the apricot preserves, but I had rasberry preserves, so I figured fruit's fruit, right? Trust me, it was right. They were delicious. They are gone. I wish I had more.
Hubby and I ate a serving hot out of the oven with a dollop of vanilla bean ice-cream on top. The rest were eaten as snacks as well as for breakfast, answering Ree's question of whether they are dessert or breakfast. They are both!
Now go make some!
Posted by Picasa
I will sing to the LORD, because He has dealt bountifully with me.
~Psalm 13:6

9 comments:

cinnamongirl93 said...

I like pioneer woman too! Looks like a really delicious goodie! Mmmmmm!
Yesterday I make brownie cookies someone on Ravelry shared. It was good too!!!

Marilyn@A Mixed Bouquet said...

Those look delicious!

MSM said...

I drool over all her recipes but never make anything. . .

These look great!

Paula said...

Mmmmm- I'l have to try these... I'm sure they're low fat...(tee hee)

Anonymous said...

They do look good! I have been eyeing that recipe as well.

Anonymous said...

She has such wonderful recipes, doesn't she? I struggled for years for the perfect pie crust recipe until I found hers...my husband is so
happy as he loves pie and now he gets it on a semi-regular basis.
thanks for stopping by my blog and signing up for the giveaway!

Kat said...

Hi Renna,
So...are ya feelin lucky??? please drop by my blog...Congrats, warmly, Kat
http://scaredykaterpillarsnomore.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I love the Pioneer Woman, too! My favorites are the olive cheese bread and the chocolate sheet cake. Mmmmmmm......

Windansea said...

I love pioneer woman too! I love the recipes and the photography. And these look fantastic!