Thursday, May 8, 2008

So Many Mouths to Feed



Posted by Picasa
Everywhere I look are hungry little mouths.
I've finished my Magic Stripe socks, but it's been overcast here the last few days. I can get decent indoor shots, but only in my sunroom when the sun is flooding in through the windows.
I used up all my blogging time adding a Picasa web album slideshow to my blog. It's in the sidebar near the bottom. I tried three sizes, and went with the smallest. The third size up was too large to suit me. It seemed to overpower the page. I preferred the second size up, but the pictures were off-centered and I didn't know how to fix that. What would take most of my friends a short amount of time to do, took me ....well...I'm not sayin', but it took me a long time. Computer related stuff does not come easy for me. Pretty much like knitting. ;-)
I'm in the cooking doldrums. It seems like I'm fixing the same old, same old these days. My meal planning needs a shot in the arm. We ordinarily cook burgers on the grill alot in warm weather (Hubby cooked some tonight), but I'd like to get us away from so much red meat. I need chicken and fish recipes, simple ones. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'd be most appreciative!
I've been looking around Ravelry quite a bit this week. I am just now sort of learning my way around there. I'm gradually adding to my notebook, and my queue. I see so many things I want to knit.
Wednesday's over and we're on the downhill side of this week. Be blessed, all!
Walk in wisdom toward those who are outside, redeeming the time. Let your speech always be with grace, seasoned with salt, that you may know how you ought to answer each one.
~Colossions 4:5-6

10 comments:

Paula said...

Renna- my Father-in-law bought 2 (yes 2) BIG "Taste of Home" cookbooks for me... they are loaded with easy chicken and seafood recipes- would you like me to e-mail you some? You can send me an e-mail at
2frakers@bellsouth.net- to let me know...I'll be happy to send you as many as you like!

Tracy Batchelder said...

I love the pictures of the baby bird waiting to be fed!

I'm in a cooking rut too. Not sure what I'll cook tonight. Probably something with chicken because I have that in the freezer. My challenge is to keep it low-fat.

Anonymous said...

Love the sweet bird pictures! Sometimes I feel like I cook the same things over and over. And with the price of groceries-its hard to try and experiment.

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

I love the bird pictures...

Marilyn@A Mixed Bouquet said...

Neat pictures! I'm in a cooking rut, too. Hey, try some of the recipes from the magazine.

cinnamongirl93 said...

Hi Renna! Nice job with the bird pictures!
I have a great recipe for stacked chicken enchilada's. I just shared it with "Threadbender", Marsha. It is such a hit that I made it for dinner last night and then again tonight. DD stopped by and hasn't had it in ages. If you want I will e-mail it to you. It's pretty easy to make and everyone loves it!

Claire said...

Hi Renna! I tagged you! You're IT!

Sharon said...

What lovely shots, Renna!
Paula has TWO large "Taste of Home", I just received my first one a few days ago. How nice of your Father-in-law.

Dana said...

Such great photos!

Anonymous said...

Well written article.