Thursday, March 20, 2008

Wee Tiny Sock Swap

My Wee Tiny Sock from 2007
Emily, over at Yarn Miracle, is hosting Wee Tiny Sock Swap 2008. I participated in her Wee Tiny Sock Swap 2007, and it was alot of fun. Talk about your instant gratification! I signed up to swap three socks last year. The above sock was one of the wee tiny socks I knit, using Bernat Sox self-striping sock yarn. It doesn't take long at all to knit a wee tiny sock; not much longer than it takes to say wee tiny sock.
Sign ups for Wee Tiny Sock Swap 2008 open at noon on Friday, March 21, and will remain open until noon on Thursday, March 27th. Grab some leftover sock yarn (you won't need much!) and some toothpicks tiny knitting needles and head on over to Yarn Miracle this Friday!
Since I was out of commission for two solid weeks with the icky crud, knitting was nil around here. For the past few days, between trying to catch up on housework and produce food besides fast food (I really need to teach Hubby to cook), I've been knitting as fast as I can to complete my share of the Second Oddball Charity Blanket at Knitting Help. I finished it tonight, all but weaving in my ends. I will pack it up, along with a few goodies for the next knitter, and ship it out Friday morning.
Meanwhile, since it's been so long since I posted knitting pictures, here's a couple of things I knit last year. I had fun knitting this super simple Booga Bag pattern. I was disappointed in how small the finished product was, though. I've seen pics of others' Booga Bags, and none seem so small as mine. It's too small to carry as a purse- a cosmetic bag, maybe! I'm going to knit a larger one, since I did like the simplicity of the pattern. I'll make adjustments to the number of cast on stitches, as well as the number of rows I knit.

Booga Bag pattern by Black Sheep Bags
This next item is a shawl I knit for my sis-in-law for her birthday last year. I didn't use a pattern. It's made up of a variety of yarns, some novelty furry type, some bulky fuzzy wool, some fine chenilles. You name it, it's in there. I purposely picked out all the earthy colors I could find in my stash, since Sharon (sis-in-law) is an earthy sort, and tends to wear alot of earth tone colors.
The shawl is super soft and squishy. I've seen Sharon wrap herself in it in church quite a few times, which was the idea I had in mind when I knit it. She's cold natured and usually freezes when the a/c is blowing.

Sharon's hodge podge shawl
Don't you just love knitting for others? I find it so gratifying to see someone enjoy something I knit for them. For that matter, just doing for others, be it taking them a cooked meal, surprising them with a small gift, or whatever your heart feels led to do, brings such a blessing to the giver as well as the recipient.
Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.
~Luke 6:38
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

I love the purse!!!

The socks are just way to cute!!!

Tracy Batchelder said...

I love the stripes in the wee sock!

The bag turned out great too, though I know it's not the size you hoped for. I bet it works well for small knitting projects like socks.

I agree, there is great joy in giving, whether it be handknits or acts of kindness.

Marilyn@A Mixed Bouquet said...

The sock is so cute! I love the purse and the shawl. I'm like your SIL in that I like earth tones, but I definitely don't freeze with the AC on! LOL! It might be a hodge-podge from your collection, but it sure looks designed to me.

MSM said...

That is the most adorable sock - it makes me want to learn to knit!!

Sharon said...

You are having so much FUN!!!

You do a good job, Renna!!!

That sock is too cute for words, are they soft enough for a sweet little baby? AND IT WOULD BE A LITTLE BABY for sure.

zakkalife said...

the wee sock is just adorable, there's just something charming about miniatures

jessica

Anonymous said...

These little socks are so cute! The purse is great too. I always start wishing I could knit when I see stuff like this!

Kimmie said...

OHHHHH Renna;

I SOOOO want to learn to knit socks, wee socks, not so wee socks, just socks on dpn! Can you come over and teach me ;-)

Love the wee sock...I bet this would look great on our 'to be' Ethiopian baby, that God has coming this year!

Kimmie
mama to 6
one homemade and 5 adopted