Sunday, March 9, 2008

There is Always Hope

Have you ever felt utterly and totally hopeless? I have. As cliche' as it may have come to sound to the world, Jesus does save.

Salvation emcompasses many things. Yes, He saved me from an eternity in Hell. He saved me from my shame. He saved me from the pits of despair. At the very moment that I cried out to Him, in faith, He caught me up in His embrace and has never released me.

I've known the heartbreak of losing someone very dear, but I have never felt alone. Jesus is my strength and my shield. I have a very real and personal relationship with Him. He speaks to me. He listens to me when I talk.

My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.
~John 10:27

He cares about my problems. He loves to shower me with blessings.

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning. ~James 1:17

He is my hope, and my salvation. I will always praise Him.





Cry Out To Jesus
Words by Mac Powell / Music by Third Day

To everyone who's lost someone they love
Long before it was their time
You feel like the days you had were not enough
when you said goodbye

And to all of the people with burdens and pains
Keeping you back from your life
You believe that there's nothing and there is no one
Who can make it right

There is hope for the helpless
Rest for the weary
Love for the broken heart
There is grace and forgiveness
Mercy and healing
He'll meet you wherever you are
Cry out to Jesus, Cry out to Jesus

For the marriage that's struggling just to hang on
They lost all of their faith in love
They've done all they can to make it right again
Still it's not enough

For the ones who can't break the addictions and chains
You try to give up but you come back again
Just remember that you're not alone in your shame
And your suffering

When your lonely
And it feels like the whole world is falling on you
You just reach out, you just cry out to Jesus
Cry to Jesus

To the widow who struggles with being alone
Wiping the tears from her eyes
For the children around the world without a home
Say a prayer tonight

3 comments:

Marilyn@A Mixed Bouquet said...

Amen! Very encouraging!

Sharon said...

AMEN!!

God gives us a future and a hope!
Jeremiah 29:11

Thank God!

MSM said...

This is one of my favorite songs!

You have so much good stuff on your blog that I keep meaning to steal / copy:

song lyrics, Bible verses, inspirational thoughts and quotes.......

One of these days I'm going to get my blogging rhythm and get things the way I really want them!; in the meantime I'll enjoy all that you do.