Newborn Pumpkin Hat
- Hat-Caron's Simply Soft Brites
- Stem-Lion Brand Wool-Ease Heather
- Size 7 double pointed needles
- CO 56 stitches, 1" 1x1 ribbing, St st until decrease, bound off all but 4 sts, which I used for the I-cord stem.
From this view, the stem looks rather straight, but it actually curves a little more than it looks like in the picture. This was not my choice of yarn, but it's all I could find locally in orange.
Pro Bono is a free pattern for a ribbed beanie. I knit this for a fellow in our church who had a birthday. It looks a little long on the wig head, but I tried it on myself and it was a good length, only slightly long, so I'm hoping it will fit his (somewhat larger) head well. It was wonderfully soft and squishy. With the doubled yarn, I think it will keep his head quite warm this winter.
- Lion Brand Wool-Ease Green worsted & Plymouth Yarn Encore Natural worsted, held double
- Size 10 1/2 double pointed needles