Monday, June 23, 2008

Monday Bath Day

That's it. I'm calling the CPS (Cat Protective Services)!
I walked into the living room tonight to find the cat lying on one of the tv trays, a tray on which I had planned on setting my plate to eat dinner in the living room with Mr. Studley. He sat across the room as if oblivious to the fact that anything was out of order. It's not that he's a slob, far from it, but he has this major soft spot when it concerns Putty Tat. My reaction was less than pleasant, so he quickly piped up that he'd bathe her after dinner. Yeah, that's going to help me. The tv tray needs bathing!
True to his word, Mr.S. did give her a bath. The pitiful moans coming from the bathroom were a surefire indication that someone wasn't enjoying the process. Putty Tat wasn't any too happy, either. I wanted to get a better picture than the one above, one of her dripping and showing her displeasure. Unfortuantely, with her claws sunk into his arm, Mr.S. wouldn't accommodate a pose for me. Harumph!
Posted by Picasa
A righteous man regards the life of his animal, but the tender mercies of the wicked are cruel.
~Proverbs 12:10

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure there is a meaner look than a wet cat! Poor baby.

Tracy Batchelder said...

I bet Putty Tat wasn't the only enjoying the process. :)

Anonymous said...

That is one unhappy kitty! I hope she is happier now!

Girl Raised in the South said...

Adorable! And a good reminder that I need to suck it up and bathe the cat already. I swear it's been a couple of years, at least. I obviously take too much to heart that the cat is self-cleaning.

Anonymous said...

Aww.. cute kitty.

cinnamongirl93 said...

If I were you I'd sleep with one eye open tonight! Also make sure you put slippers on before you get out of bed. Nothing ruins a morning like stepping in cat hairball puke! LOL!!!!!

Claudia said...

oh the poor, pathetic little thing!!!! hahahahaha Little Miss Ruby Kitty puts us through the same thing here, all too often! *hugs*

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

I gave my persian cat a bath last week, too. Oh, how she hates ME! She really does. I am the big meanie who give her a bath and cuts all her hair off. She mats very, very badly and since she hates being combed, too, I just whack her fur off every 4 months or so. She gives me such glares, hisses and tried to claw at me with her non-existent claws. Her name??? Gracie! She has not one ounce of grace in her. Trust me!! :-D

Paula said...

I'm laughing at the mental picture... and the contaminated tv tray!!

CiNdEe's GaRdEn said...

LOL That is to funny!!!! Poor Putty Tat(-: LOL

Kimmie said...

What a sweet kitty...are baths part of a routine for her? Some cats love them, others well, you know they leave scars!

;-)
Kimmie
mama to 6
one homemade and 5 adopted

Noodle said...

LOL! That poor sweet thing -- you making Puddy Tat be all clean. :)

Farmhouse Blessings said...

Oh that is saddest picture! But funny at the same time.

Smiles,
Lea