Friday, January 13, 2012

A Cherished Gift

The above creation is a primitive cat named Putty Tat, after our very own cat named Putty Tat (as in, I tot I taw one)  How about that!  The primitive Putty Tat  was gifted to me by Kat, from Scaredy Kat & Her Own Crow.  Kat is one of the neatest people I've met via blogland. She is a walking, breathing, talking testimony of what God can do in, and for a person when they submit to him.  Her past life was a mess, bound by addictions.  Today, she is cleaned up and  living each day to the fullest. She's got a heart as big as Texas. If you go to her blog, you'll see some of  her divine creations,  most of which seem to be gifts of appreciation bestowed  on those to whom she's grateful.  She shares some of her testimony here, if you'd like to read it and be uplifted. Kat is a hoot, and I consider her one of God's blessings to me that I got to meet her (cyberly speaking).




My son bought me these cookbooks for Christmas. Actually, the one on the left was given to me last Christmas. I love all of them (I should, as they were all on my wish list which I shared with family), but the one I'm most excited about is the Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day. I'm going to have fun with it!

John also overwhelmed me with a new dinette set for my kitchen. I casually mentioned how much I liked this particular style when we were in a store over a year ago. I never dreamed he was even listening to me, as he tends not to, or at least seems not to much of the time.  He was not only listening, he was filing that tidbit away for future use.  I am absolutely loving the gift, and shake my head everytime I think about how thoughtful he was. He & Nikki are both extremely thoughtful gift-givers, always giving both Mr.Studley & I gifts that we  love. I'll snap a pic of the table & chairs one day soon and show it here.

This is a little hat I knit for a gift last year.  I wish I could've gotten a picture of it on the baby, as it doesn't do it justice on this too-small doll's head. It's a darling pattern which was an easy knit. The pattern was not free, but was worth the purchase price. It's raveled here.

I've got to get cracking this weekend. I still have Christmas stuff to be packed away, and I've been dragging my feet about it.  The tree is down, but the rolled up lights are still sitting on a chair in the living room where they've been for nearly a week, and that's not the half of it.  I also have plastic tubs of Christmas decor stacked in the sun room.  What I really wish I'd gotten for Christmas is a maid!

"You do not have to live with secrets that allow negative emotions to control you.  Our feelings are real and they are powerful, but they are not more powerful than God and truth."
~Excerpt from Living Beyond Your Feelings, by Joyce Meyer

"And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."
~John 8:32 Amplified Bible

9 comments:

Debra said...

Hello hello!
I was so glad to see you had posted! Every now and then I check-but today you were at the top of my new posts list, so I ran over!
Your knitting projects are superb.
It's so good to hear from you, Renna.
Love, Debra

Bobbie said...

Hi Rena! I love the kitty.. so cute! I'll have to go and visit your wonderful friend.
What a nice Christmas you had with great gifts! It's always nice to know someone's paying attention.
Sorry you didn't get your maid. Maybe next year. Have a great weekend.

Tracy Batchelder said...

Such a cute baby cap!

Paula said...

I just LOVE that putty tat! And I love his little sign- "don't feed me I'm stuffed." (I need to say that more often.)
I didn't know Giada had a cookbook... I just love her show. her food always make me hungry. I have the Pioneer Woman's book (the first one) but the bread book sounds interesting... I might have to look that one up on Amazon!
Can't wait to see the new dinette!

Renna said...

Debra, you always have such nice things to say to me. I'm happy you remembered my blog and visited. You are always welcome in my little cyber home.

Renna said...

Bobbi, yes, next year, I'm putting 'maid' at the top of my Christmas wish list, lol. ;-)

Renna said...

Thanks, Tracy! Being somewhat of an ADD knitter, I do love knitting baby caps. My favorite to knit is still the one I knit from your patterns. :-)

Renna said...

Paula, I need to wear that "I'm stuffed" sign, too, lol. ;-)

I love watching Giada, too. She makes cooking look so easy. She takes the fear out of complicated-looking recipes. Of course, I spend much of the show envying her tiny waist. How can anyone cook and be that tiny? ;-)

Kat said...

Well you sneaky woman!!! LOL. Thank you Renna for your friendship, support & kind words. You are absolutely one of the blessings God deemed me worthy of since my sobriety 9 years ago....We sure couldnt be more worlds apart in lifestyles yet closer than most I know because of our love for God & those He mercifully assigns us... Im pretty sure you got the short straw on THAT one. (Im quite the handful)I thank You for helping me name our stray cat "Capone" & that is why I sent you your "Putty" that AND Im crazy boutcha!