Saturday, February 7, 2009

Ten Things I Do Everyday

Ten Things I Do Everyday


1) I pray. I usually try and pray before I get out of bed in the mornings. I heard Joyce Meyer suggest you should do this before your feet hit the floor in the morning, and it will have a big bearing on how your day goes. She's right of course. The Lord says to seek Him early. Even if I don't end up praying before I rise, I do pray throughout the day, little conversations with God.

2) I take Leyna (our Min Pin) out to do her bid'ness (southern speak for business). I actually do this a number of times each day. She is a little escape artist who cannot be let out in the (fenced in) backyard, so I always have to take her outside on a leash. Nothing says love like watching your dog take her daily constitution first thing in the morning, before you've even had your coffee.

3) I get on the computer. Usually it comes after my trip to the toilet (and Leyna's), and before my first cup of coffee. I just have to see what new thing has transpired since the day before. This is especially fun for me if I wrote a blog post the evening before, as it usually means I have mail (blog post e-mail notifications) and I LOVE getting mail. It makes me feel special, like I am somebody.

4) I drink a cup of coffee. Most mornings, I drink only one, but occasionally, I get a little wild and pour a second. I rarely drink more than half of that second cup, though. I'm just not that wild.

5) I read blogs.

6) I take a handful of pills; all over-the-counter vitamins, and herbal supplements. Some are huge. Horse pills, I call them. I used to take them all at one time-not all in one swallow, but one right after another in the space of a couple of minutes. It was hard getting them all down, and sometimes they'd come back up. Now I put them all out in a cup each morning, and each time I walk in the kitchen and think of it, I take one. By bedtime, the deed is done, except for the tiny little melatonin pill, which I take 30 minutes before bed each night. I love my little melatonin pill.

7) I knit. In all honesty, I do not knit every single day, but I do almost every day, so I'm counting it, nyeah!

8) I feed the cat about a kajillion times a day. We have to keep her gravity feeder (filled with dry food, she won't touch the wet stuff) up on the counter, or else Leyna would get in it and eat until the container was empty, or she exploded, whichever came first. The cat wants to eat all day long.

9) I walk the dog. Mr. Studley and I take turns walking a neighbor's dog, too, but he's mostly been doing it during cold weather. He's such a sweetheart.

10) I tell Mr. Studley I love him. Can I hear a collective "ahhhh"?

I found this meme at Karen's blog, Over the Backyard Fence. She invited her readers to do it, too. I hesitated, not sure I wanted to reveal just how mundane my life really is, but figured I've made known far more about myself, and some of you are still here.

Won't you play along? I know we all do more than ten things regularly per day, but play by the rules, and only list ten!



You who love the LORD, hate evil! He preserves the souls of His saints; He delivers them out of the hand of the wicked.

~Psalm 97:10

26 comments:

Tracy Batchelder said...

I usually only drink one cup of coffee, too...but, it's a big cup.

Tins and Treasures said...

Hi, Renna,
I love this post and will have to see if I can come up with 10 things that I do every day. I love the part about feeding the cat constantly...sounds like our cats, always begging! Have a Happy Saturday, Natalie

Nancy said...

My routine is very similar to yours, without the pets. I don't call it mundane, but rather comfortable.

Amy said...

Me too! I find my daily routine comforting. I've known a little too much excitement in my life and thrive on what others my perceive to be mundane :-)

Anonymous said...

My day starts kind like yours-except Ruby Sue can go it alone to do her business! And I'm bad- I always drink 2 cups of coffee.

Juri said...

I totally agree with Amy...after far too much "excitement", mundane days are what I crave in life! I enjoyed reading the ten things you do each day...I will think about doing it on my blog, too, if I can think of ten!

Juri

Karen said...

I love that your pets are a part of our day. I didn't include Abby in mine, but she is my constant companion. I'm with you on #3! I can't believe I didn't include it. I love those e-mails that say I have comments. It's like saying, "You have friends!"

Thanks for joining in!

Joansie said...

I love the post also and it's a great way of getting to know you better. Cats are demanding, aren't they!!! Let's see...would I rather have mundane or drama...I'll go with the mundane, thank you!

Carol said...

Hmmm, good post. I personally love to read the every day stuff y'all do. Maybe it makes me feel more normal. HA.

My Little Family: said...

I love the photo in your avatar!

Sandy said...

A similar morning ritual here. Bathroom first, jinkle the mouse, pour the coffee, heat my hum...can't think whats it's called. One of those neck things that you put in the microwave with little flax seeds in them. Any way, I use it on my neck and or back in the cold morning; turn on the heat, blog, sip, read, post, sip etc.

Thanks for coming by, please be a frequent visitors.
Sandy

Tins and Treasures said...

Renna, check out my blog today to see for yourself...you have won my gift bag of girlie goodies! Natalie

Renna said...

My Little Family (Vickie), thank you. That picture was a fluke occurrence. My visiting daughter was holding Leyna (my dog) in her arms like a baby. Leyna looked so sweet lying there that I grabbed my camera. Just as I clicked the button, she yawned. She looks like she's laughing, to me. ;-)

PS-I just said a prayer for your family this morning, knowing how hard each day must be, missing your little Chloe. :-(

Sandy, I have one of those pillows somewhere. I need to drag it out and use it on my hands in the mornings. They're always so stiff when I first awaken.

Natalie, this is Renna's blog speaking. Renna has left the building. She ran off screeching unintelligible words, which sounded something like "IwonIwonIwonIwonIwonIwonIwon".

M said...

Congrats on winning over at Tins and Treasures! How fun!

10 things I do everyday? Pretty boring here...animal and kid stuff...then I squeeze in everything else in until my day runneth over!

Anonymous said...

Great post! I came across your blog over at i have to say... I am new to the whole blogging world, but I plan to stop by often :)

Marilyn - A Mixed Bouquet said...

Well, I think it's a very interesting post! Very positive, too!

Isle Dance said...

What a beautiful #1...I am ((so)) adding it to my day! :o)

Renna said...

I don't do it every single day, and boy, can I tell the difference on the days that I don't.

Shannon said...

Sounds like a wonderful way to spend your day. Although, on the colder days, I would prefer to be drinking warm coffee while waiting for the little one to do his bizness ;)
I knit almost every night now. I am slow and not very good, but I find it relaxing!

Renna said...

Shannon, your colder days are far colder than ours! ;-)

I was just wondering a day or so ago how your knitting is going. I consider myself slow and not very good, but I have recently begun noticing I am better and faster than I was. I guess it's true what they say, practice makes perfect! :-)

nikkicrumpet said...

Awwww having a Mr. STudly to tell that you love him every day. Well that makes all the other stuff pale in comparison....even the blogging lol

cinnamongirl93 said...

What a cute post. I really enjoyed reading about your daily routine.

Girl Raised in the South said...

You do all that, with ONE cup of coffee? Good night! I'm impressed.

Debra said...

I love your list-I feel like I visited your home for a bit. I walk our doggie too, on a leash, but I have to admit, I am getting weary of avoiding ice and braving the cold. Spring is in the air, though- It won't be long.
I used to knit every day. Now I am making animals and people and getting paint all over!
Love ya, Debra

Paula said...

This was a wonderful post, Renna- I'll have to play along with this one!
Let me know some day if you ever decide to have MORE than the second cup- we'll go get wild together! LOL

Marguerite said...

I loved reading this and seeing that we have very similar mornings.

We don't have a cat, but we do have two little dogs who need to be on a leash to go outside. And, yes, that is true love to do it before coffee. It does make the coffee most pleasurable knowing the dogs are comfortable. They usually snuggle up with me while I drink.