Monday, November 24, 2008

Give Me Your Eyes

I'm rather busy today, so I'm skipping my Simple Woman's Daybook entry this week. My women's group meets tonight and I haven't even shopped yet for something good to cook and take to it. I had to take Putty Tat to the vet this morning. I am thankful that her ailment was treatable. She has a bladder infection. The doctor said she's not really in pain, she just feels the sensation of needing to "go", if you get my drift. The nice vet gave her a shot, gave me a bottle of Amoxicillin, and a bill for $81. Ouch! Now, who's in pain?

I first heard the song in the video below at Kay's, at The Rustic Cottage. She has it playing in her Playlist. The words gripped me. I immediately set about to see if there was a video which accompanies the song. Before you view the video, if you don't know Kay, or read her blog, I'd encourage you to do so. She's had a very rough past year, losing her job, and struggling to make ends meet as a single mom. Yet she always brings glory to God in her posts. In her post today, titled Thanksgiving Blessings, she shares the special way the Lord met her need this week. It demonstrates her faith, and His faithfulness. If you read it, you will be blessed.

The song in this video is my daily prayer. I'm sorry for the years I wasted, not being about my Father's business. We are all here for a purpose greater than ourselves.

Lord, let me not see the external of those I meet, but rather let me see with Your eyes into their hearts, and let me look with Your love and compassion, offering Your hand extended to those who are hurting and in need.




Brandon Heath -Give Me Your Eyes

Do you not say, It is still four months until harvest time comes? Look! I tell you, raise your eyes and observe the fields and see how they are already white for harvesting.
~John 4:35 Amplified Bible

10 comments:

Carol said...

Sorry Putty Tat has a bladder infection. Hope it clears up soon for her. And, ya, ouch on the bill!

Great song. I loved it!

tea time and roses said...

Hello Renna

So sorry to hear about your kitty cat, and I am happy to know she will be feeling better.

Thank you so much for the beautiful video, it truly blessed my heart. I plan to visit Kay and read her post today, thank you so much for introducing her. Our God is so good and oh so faithful. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

Smiles...

Beverly

Tins and Treasures said...

I'm glad kitty will be OK.

I finally remembered to bring the recipe home for impossible pumpkin pie...check out my blog. It's the first time I've ever linked text to anywhere...and I created a link to your recipe for the buttermilk pie...I'm so excited!!

Have a nice time tonight.

Shannon said...

I'm sorry Putty Tat has an infection. But I am glad that your vet took the action that she did. I am suspecting that my sweet Zoi had a mere bladder infection when they tried to get us to euthenize (sp?) her last month...
It is amazing how some songs just touch our hearts. To this day if I hear Forever Friends (Friends are friends forever...) I get goose bumps and start crying like a teenage girl :)

Tracy Batchelder said...

Often our focus is so narrow, we miss the big picture. Thank you for this reminder in song and scripture.

Marilyn - A Mixed Bouquet said...

Popping in before I begin my very busy day!

Sorry about your cat and the bill! Yikes!

I LOVE that song. What a reminder! It is new to me, but I'll pass it along to my sons, too. They'll love it!

Liz Harrell said...

That is a beautiful song. I was listening to that this morning in my car...

nikkicrumpet said...

Hope your kitty gets feeling better...oh and that you get past your pain of the vet bill...dang those things hurt! Thanks for the reminder of why we are her!

stitching under oaks said...

I love that song...thanks for sharing the video. It's so good to be reminded to look around through His eyes.

Renna said...

Putty Tat's doing a little better, but she is still squatting for several minutes, and still seeking out laundry on which to squat.

The vet told me that if this round of antibiotics (amoxicillin) doesn't work, he'll try a different one; and if that one doesn't work, he'll have to take a culture. Sigh. I can hear money being sucked down the drain. We do want Putty better, though!