Monday, September 15, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook



For Today...
Outside my Window...the birdbath, which just a few short weeks ago was the most popular bird hangout on the block, sits empty and lonely looking.

I am thinking...I would rather be outside where the air is crisp and the sky is blue, now that Tropical Storm Ike has passed through (it was a Tropical Storm when it reached us).

From the learning rooms...I'm trying to wrap my 50+ brain around a simple computer online job I'm doing for a company, and wishing I still "thought" like I did even five years ago!

I am thankful for....cooler temperatures. I do love fall!

From the kitchen...Chocolate cupcakes, though no dinner plans yet. I guess I can always be like Marie Antoinette, and declare "let them eat cake!".

I am wearing...Khaki capris, a short-sleeved linen shirt, and am barefoot. I'm in the menopause stage of life. All my clothing is geared toward keeping me cool, at least in the physical sense of the word, though not necessarily in the fashion sense. ;-)

I am reading...Spirit, Soul & Body, by Andrew Wommack.

I am hoping...to hear from my daughter soon. I can't remember if she flies out to Dublin tomorrow, or the next day.

I am creating...Christmas gifts with my knitting needles and yarn.

I am hearing...soft music playing from Cora's blog, which I didn't exit out of after reading her Daybook entry.

Around the house...I am getting overwhelmed at the things I need to get done, though I did make a good dent in the laundry this weekend. I'm loving my new homemade liquid laundry soap, especially because I know it's saving me money!

One of my favorite things...is my little dog, Leyna. She follows me around the house, though she doesn't get underfoot. She always has such a sweet and quizzical look on her face, as if to ask "where are we going now, Mamma?".

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...is to mainly concentrate on the small computer job I'm currently doing; and working with my good friend, Marilyn, who is revamping my blog for me. I'm so excited about that! After eight months, I am ready to rearrange the furniture a little. I have zero aptitude for doing such things, but for Marilyn, it's a fun challenge, and she graciously offered to do it for me, even blessing me with the purchase of the graphics she'll use. Trust me, it's not because she's sitting around bored, either. She always has a full plate! I am so blessed by her friendship, and not just because she does stuff for me.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...
Taken at Beaver's Bend Park in Oklahoma, when we camped there three years ago. It was a beautiful and serene place to be.
~If you'd like to particpate in The Simple Woman's Daybook (each Monday), you can visit The Simple Woman's blog here. To get instructions for particpating, click on The Simple Woman's Daybook icon in her sidebar.
Posted by Picasa
"When you have read the Bible,
you will know it is the Word of God,
because you will have found it the key to your own heart,
your own happiness,
and your own duty."
~Woodrow Wilson

21 comments:

Tracy Batchelder said...

It's even a little cooler down here today. That's good news for those without electricity.

Debra said...

The storm left us with no power, no phone and no computer (no power all night). Some small tree limbs all over, but no damage to our home. The wind was ferocious, though. I'm a chicken when it comes to wind. I'd like to know what you're knitting. I need some ideas for presents. I'd like to take photos of the yarn shop near here. It's full of color and texture.
I can't believe our bird baths are empty too, and I've noticed the feeder is mostly full at night. I think my hummers may have left...
My dog tries to be in the way whenever she can!
Love, Debra

Renna said...

So far, all the reports I'm getting in from friends who's homes were in the thick of Ike are good. None have suffered any great degree of damage. Praise God!

Nancy said...

I have decided to do the Simple Woman's Daybook. Thank you for the suggestion.

Marilyn - A Mixed Bouquet said...

I love the post, Renna! Thanks for the sweet compliments, but will I look bad if I can't accomplish this?

I've had The Simple Woman's blog in my reader for a long time. I have so many that I had forgotten. sigh...

I started to post last week and dropped it. I'm going to do it next week...I think...if I get my act together.

Seriously, you should do this every week. I really enjoyed reading it!

cinnamongirl93 said...

What a nice post! I enjoyed reading about your day.
We too had remnants of Ike. About 7" of rain in Northern Illinois. Chicago got almost 10". Major flooding in parts of my state.
I'll have to check out The Simple Womans Blog. Thank you for the info.

Carol said...

I LOVE this!!! What a great way to start the week. Thanks for sharing with us. Perhaps I'll join in soon!

Isle Dance said...

What a wonderful post!

Renna said...

Thank you all, it was fun doing it. :-)

Jennifer said...

What a lovely refreshing post. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I really enjoy reading these posts on blogs!

Honey, if you have the cupcakes, you have dinner. Simple as that. It is 7:52 in the AM and a chocolate cupcake sounds wonderful! That isn't a great way to start a day....or is it? ;)

Your "keeping cool" comment made me laugh! You are too cute!

Claudia said...

This is really wonderful, Renna. Thanks so much for sharing all of this with us. *hugs*

Anonymous said...

Renna-loved hearing about your day-seemed peaceful. Ruby follows me around too.

Karen said...

There are so many things I can relate to in this post. Dressing "cool" (and I don't mean in the fashionable sense), cupcakes (I hope you DID have them for supper!) and a dog that follows me around (she's a bit larger, but a real momma's girl). I'm glad you weathered the storm okay:)

Sharon said...

What a fun post, Renna.
I learned of the Daybook here, and glad you made use of it.
I enjoyed learning a bit more about you, HunnyBun!
xoxo

Juri said...

I really enjoyed reading about your day! Such simple things make us feel like we are getting to know each other! The picture made me homesick for the beauty of fall in New Jersey....Florida does not have a dramatic fall!

Juri

Liz Harrell said...

It's cooler here as well. Thank goodness!

Go eat those chocolate cupcakes girl! Eat one for me. :)

Eve said...

I think it is a wee bit harder to stay focused as we get older. I write things down now, so I won't forget. Little compromises along the way are necesary. You just can no longer do it all.
I love that pic of the road. I love pics of paths and roads, expecially country road or downtown mainstreets in little towns.
We are in the low eighties now. Goodby danger of Hurricanes. We can now exhale.

Schotzy said...

Hi, Renna, Love your blog and pray that you're having a gret week. I have tgged you to receive the autumn Friends Award. Check in over at my site for more on this ! Blessings!!! And keep Knitting!

Suzanne said...

Thanks for dropping by my blog today and signing up for the give-away. (Just Another Hang Up) Loved your post -- it was serene and beautiful and calming and I really needed that today. The quote was wonderful too.

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

I can't wait to see what she does to your blog!!