Monday, August 18, 2008

Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head

But that doesn't mean my eyes will soon be turning RED,
Crying's not for ME,
'Cause I'm Never Gonna Stop the Rain by Complainin',
Because I'm Free, Nothin's Worryin' Me......
Sorry, whenever I think, hear, or speak the word 'raindrops', that old BJ Thomas song from my youth starts running through my head. We've been enjoying rain and unseasonably cool temperatures for our part of the country. Temps in the 70's are practically unheard of for us in the month of August. It's awesome! When I look outside, I see such lovely shades of green, rather than the drab brown's we are used to seeing this time of year. Praise God for the rain!
I thought I should pop in and announce that I have not dropped off the planet. My mom and her husband have gone home, but my daughter will be with us until the 26th, at which time she's flying to Baltimore. I'm loving having Nikki here. I'm also remembering how exhausting she can be to have around all the time. She's high energy, she's loud, she's funny, she's mischevious, she's gregarious. Did I mention she's loud? I love her with all my heart, but it never ceases to amaze me that this beautiful creature, who is as opposite of me as day is to night, sprung forth from my loins. I find her highly entertaining, and yet I also need breaks from her. When did I get so old?
Nikki and John, my son, have gone to the Dallas Fort Worth area for 2 or 3 days to go to 6-Flags and Hurricane Harbor together. Mr. Studley and I are enjoying a quiet house. I assure you, once Nikki has left for England, I will not be enjoying this quiet house. I will be sad and mopey, just as Leyna (my Min Pin) is today, since Nikki isn't here to play with her. Nikki and I are too opposite to enjoying living together, but I do wish she lived near enough that I could see her more than once a year or so. In my heart, I was always prepared for this, though. I knew she'd have to spread her wings.
Even more than I've missed blogging for the past couple of weeks, I've missed reading my regular blogs. I know there's no way I can possibly catch up on my reading. I'm tempted to just hit the "mark all as read" button for each blog on my Google reader list. I hate thinking of what I may be missing, though. I knew I should have taken that Evelyn Wood Speed Reading course years ago!

Posted by Picasa
God thunders marvelously with His voice;
He does great things which we cannot comprehend.
For He says to the snow, ‘Fall on the earth’;
Likewise to the gentle rain and the heavy rain of His strength.
He seals the hand of every man, That all men may know His work
.
~Job 37:5-7

15 comments:

MSM said...

It's good to hear from you!

Enjoy your peace and quiet, then enjoy the rest of your daughter's visit, and please,

please, bottle some of her energy and share it with your blogger friends!!

cinnamongirl93 said...

I am so glad that you are enjoying your time together. You will have great memories of your fantastic summer of '08! Make sure to take lots of wacky pictures!
Glad to read your post as always!
Hmmm I must be missing something...Google reader list. I'll have to check that out!

Marguerite said...

I did the "Mark all as read" thing a few days ago after falling hopelessly behind on my blog reading. It was very liberating.

Sometimes it just has to be done.

Your pictures are beautiful.

Marilyn - A Mixed Bouquet said...

I assumed that you were enjoying Nikki! She sounds like such a fun girl. I'd like some of her energy.

I like the photos! We have had rain, too. It's 63 out right now and it's 10:17. This is West TX? It's also horrible for the cukes, so pray for the sunshine to return. I can't believe that I said that, can you!?

CiNdEe's GaRdEn said...

I always think of that song too. It is something I sing to myself of course everytime it rains(-: I wish it would rain here. Still no rain and dry here.
Glad you got some(-:

Karen said...

Beautiful photography on this post. One of the first albums I owned was BJ Thomas, featuring this song. Boy, that dates me, huh? Loved the Butch Cassidy movie with the scene that featured this song. The bicycle ride. Anyone else remember?

Anonymous said...

I am glad you are checking in!

We had rain and cold temps this weekend too--so weird, really. It did make me realize that fall is on it's way!

I will be thinking about you as you spend this time with Nikki. And praying for you when she has to leave. My hope is that someday she is able to live closer to you!

Debra said...

I was so glad to see your comment on my blog! I thought, "Oh boy, Renna is back on!"
The photos are wonderful. Since we've had lots of rain all summer, it's sorta hard to think what it's like to be dry, but I'm glad everthing's green for you.
Also glad you're having fun with family.
Love, Debra

Tracy Batchelder said...

We are getting some rain too, but our temperatures have not dropped as dramatically as yours. What a treat for August!

You are doing the right thing by staying off the computer. Enjoy every minute with your daughter!

To catch you up on my blog--I knit some miniature felted pumpkins, finished the red socks and there are some pelican pictures for the letter P. That's about it. Mark me as read. :)

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

Your pictures are wonderful!

Your Nikki and my Haley are very much alike. A whirlwind of activity, laughter, silliness and like you, I also get exhausted. Boy, I miss my girl...

I've missed you, Renna...

Nancy said...

Wyoming has been blessed with cooler temperatures, too, and even some rain. The morning air has a chill and a hint of fall, and the sunrise casts a golden hue over everything. Fall is definitely just around the corner.

Enjoy what remains of your daughter's visit. Post when you find a moment, we'll be here waiting for you.

Liz Harrell said...

Hope you get lots of rest and 'you' time.

Anonymous said...

She sounds like me! I ended up with one daughter who's much like me; the other is the opposite. Funny how that sometimes happens, isn't it? If the Google Reader seems overwhelming, just delete and start over. Sometimes it's the only way to save your sanity!
Brenda

kari and kijsa said...

Enjoy your rest! Thank you for your encouraging words... Thank you again for all your thoughtful comments, time and prayers.

blessings,
kari & kijsa

Paula said...

It's okay to drop off the planet once in a while!!
I've had computer problems lately, so I didn't have a choice but to disappear!