Thursday, April 3, 2008

Recipe Box Swap


With my company here, I've been too busy to read blogs and I totally forgot about Randi's Recipe Box Swap. It is the first Thursday of the month. Since it's late and my brain is fried, I'll post a simple recipe that I made tonight. No, not our dinner. That was Pioneer Woman's Chicken Spaghetti, or The Only Casserole Marlboro Man Will Eat. It was loved by all.

For dessert, I baked a simple Bisquick Impossible Buttermilk Pie. I have been baking this pie for at least 25 years or more. It's so easy, I can have it in the oven in mere minutes. It's tasty, too. Sometimes, I add a little lemon extract. For the record, I didn't use Bisquick tonight. I used an unfamiliar brand of biscuit mix that I purchased at Big Lots. Any biscuit mix will work.

Impossible Buttermilk Pie

1 1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup Bisquick mix (or other biscuit mix)
1 cup buttermilk
1 stick butter (melted)
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 eggs (mine were X-Large, so I used only 2)

Mix everything together in a blender (or use a mixer and a bowl if you prefer).
Pour into a 9" pie plate (no greasing necessary)
Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 35-40 minutes. Will be brown and crisp looking on top and inserted knife will come out relatively clean.
Store in the refrigerator.

In the summer when fresh fruit is plentiful, I like to serve this cold with a fresh fruit salad made of strawberries, bananas, and peaches. Yum!

6 comments:

Sharon said...

I've been LOOKING for a good Buttermilk pie recipe. THIS IS IT, Renna!

Thanks for sharing it with us. :)

Anonymous said...

I didn't know about this until you and Sharon posted. Love the recipes! How did you both know I like buttermilk?

Noodle said...

Oooh, I haven't had buttermilk pie in YEARS! Yum!

MSM said...

Never heard of Buttermilk pie; I have to admit that it sounds gross to me, but the other ingredients sound delicious.

I'm willing to give it a try based on your recommendation; could I have the calorie-free version of the recipe, though?

Anonymous said...

I have never heard of buttermilk pie, but it sounds intriguing. my hubs loves anything made from biscuit mix so I may try this out on him!

Thanks for posting!

Amy said...

Yum!