Saturday, January 5, 2008

Sigh


There are good sighs and there are bad sighs.


There are sighs that are a result of depression, frustration, or worse yet grief. The year before I turned 30, my late husband died in an accident, a story I'll share another time. Through the months following that tragic event, I constantly caught myself sighing. It was as if I could never seem to get enough oxygen in my lungs.


There are the kind of sighs that escape your lips when a big project is finally finished, or when a long awaited for answer finally arrives. I'm happy to say, my big sigh is the result of a long awaited answer.


In the overall scheme of things, the answer has only been a few months coming, but the uncertainty during that time of waiting kept a small compartment of my brain from ever truly resting. It was always there in the back of my mind. If I woke in the night, it would spring forward, and you know how things always seem worse in the darkness of night? Our enemy uses that time to tempt us with fear.


I told God over and over, "I trust you in this, Father. I know you'll give me the answer I need", and the truth is, I did. I was just impatient. It wasn't a painful issue or one of any great distress to my family, but it was an impending decision which needed to be made and couldn't really relax until I had my answer. Now I do, have my answer.


Better is the end of a thing than the beginning of it, and the patient in spirit is better than the proud in spirit. ~Ecclesiastes 7:8 (Amplified Bible)


Sigh...big contented sigh

3 comments:

Marilyn@A Mixed Bouquet said...

Renna, I love this entry! I understand the "feeling" since I've been experiencing the same wait. You and I knew it would come in His time, right? It came so perfectly, too. Praise God!

Marilyn@A Mixed Bouquet said...

Oh, I also love the pic! Too cute!

Renna said...

Yes, Marilyn, praise God, we got our answer! The fact that it was a joint decision and we have joint peace about it is confirmation enough for me.

Move out the old and bring in the new! Old being a figure of speech, of course. ;-)