Saturday, January 12, 2008

Baby Knits



I told myself that when I finally got my blog up and going I'd post every day. I mean, I'm at the computer all day every day anyway, so what's the big deal about jotting down a few paragraphs right? Roooiiiiggghht. Sheesh. I blame some of you for making it look so easy!

Today, I got nothin'. There's alot going on that would be tedious to try and write about and even more boring to read about, so I'll take the easy street and post a few more of my most recent knits. They're all baby socks using free patterns from the net.

I realize good picture taking is very important if you're going to blog, but I'm not a very good picture taker..er..photographer. The ony decent light I've found in my house is in front of my computer screen. The only willing subject I've found to hold my knits as I photograph them is Garfield, but you knitters will appreciate that Garfield is a cat in sheep's clothing. Next time I'll get a picture of more than his head so you can see what I'm talking about.
The top picture is of some preemie hats and blankets I did last year for a preemie knit charity drive. The hats fit perfectly onto an orange. Can you imagine such a tiny little head?
The very first socks I ever knit was using the pattern below. When I was first learning to knit, I bought Amy's KnittingHelp Cd-Rom. She takes you through every single step of knitting the sock. Watching over her shoulder as she knit, stopping to pause as needed, made it so easy!











Have a great weekend, everyone!


Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Wow - that's a lot of knitting. Great job.

Marilyn@A Mixed Bouquet said...

Don't be so hard on yourself, girl. You'll get into the swing of it and it's easier.

Those are cut hats and booties! Too cute!

Praise and Coffee said...

Those are so cool! Wish I had your talent.
Sue

Renna said...

Thank you, Jennifer, Marilyn, and Sue! How sweet of you all to comment. :-)

Kimmie said...

Renna;

I wish you lived in CT and could come over and teach me to knit socks...I have only done tube styles as I am WAY intimidated by the whole heel.

yours look great!

Kimmie
mama to 6
one homemade and 5 adopted