Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Pictures of My Blessings

Notice the name on the return section of the envelope? That's right. Vicki Howell. I got a package from Miss Vicki, herself. Well, okay, I think her personal assistant may have actually mailed it, but still.
VICKI HOWELL, Y'ALL!
You non-knitters are probably wondering who on earth Vicki Howell is, but the knitters know, at least those who watch DIY do. She was the adorable redhead with the funky haircut who hosted DIY's television show, Knitty Gritty. She offered a prize of her label yarn (by SWTC) to the first 50 people who posted a link on their blog to her podcast, "Craft.Rock.Listen." Just call me speedy.


Next up is this BEAUTIFUL handspun by that awesome knitwear designer, Kristin, over at Through the Loops. She designed a pair of "fraternal" socks. If you read her blog, you know she has fraternal twins. Her children, who model much of her knitwear, are drop dead gorgeous, by the way. The socks she designed and knit were very much alike, and yet different. She sent out the call for name suggestions for the socks. I, along with four other people, suggested Apollo & Artemis. That's right, Miss Monk. I was paying attention in your senior Greek Mythology class!
Along with some of her lovely handspun, Kristen awarded to the winners (including moi') the pattern for the Apollo & Artemis socks, along with our choice of two other of her purchasable patterns (she also has great free patterns available on her blog). This yarn is soft & luscious.
Last, but definitely not least, take a gander below. Is that cute, or WHAT? I not only won a blog contest, but I made a new friend. Kat, over at Katerpillars No More, is a gem. She is one of the nicest and sweetest people I've ever met online. To see how brilliantly creative she is, one only has to see the pictures on her blog. She turns out adorable primitives. Each of her dolls has a personality that just shows in their picture.
Not only did she send me the darling garden angel, but look at the goodies she included with it! Along with the sweet card, the gardening gloves and seeds, is a cute little flower magnet. That Kat, she just blessed my socks off! Another thing that blessed my socks off was reading her awesome testimony. It will give you chills what the Lord has done in her life. Read it, you'll be blessed!

Posted by Picasa
Blessed shall you be when you come in and blessed shall you be when you go out.
~Deuteronomy 28:6

13 comments:

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

Wow!!! Would you look at all that loot!! You DO need to go to Vegas. :-P

Anonymous said...

Yay for lovely gifts in the mail!

Farmhouse Blessings said...

What a lovely blessing!

Smiles,
Lea

Paula said...

I'm so happy for you!
I have no idea who Vicki Howell is, but I'm sure she's swell! LOL
I love Kat's creations... ugh, I wanted to win that sheep pillow she made so bad...

Anonymous said...

Yay for such awesome goodies. Enjoy them!

Tracy Batchelder said...

Blessings abound. Enjoy them! I can't think of anyone who is more deserving.

Nancy said...

I can't wait to see the projects that you make with the prize yarn.

Marilyn - A Mixed Bouquet said...

Wow, you were blessed! I like what you won!

I must be doing something wrong, because I frequently enter contests and I've only won two contests. That's good except I didn't receive the bracelet or the PayPal money. It was mean to get me excited. :P

Claudia said...

Wow I'm so jealous! Especially about Vicki Howell!!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Those are some great gifts you received!

kat449 said...

AAAWWW Renna...wayyy to sweet you are, Im so happy that youve been blessed deservingly so....What will you do with all that soft and elegant yarn???? I hope you have a ball.
I need to apologize for not making the time to email you or at least check in with you. I have been "sAwirling" with life....no excuse...Please forgive me, I was blessed with a wonderful new friend, and I feel as though Ive neglected you...Im working on my time management. Im going to do better. I miss you, so Ive paid dear consequences...Be well and may you walk in beauty my friend, Hugs, Kat

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad some love was spread your way!

smariek said...

I've heard the name Vicki Howell before but didn't know who she was. I've never seen Knitty Gritty (I don't get out much, lol), there's a tv show about knitting?! Really??? I've gotta check that out. How cool to have her own line of yarn.